This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resq14

DCFD E-10

Anyone know the make and model of DCFD Engine Co. 10 (the one that was involved in the accident)?
  • John_Ford

Used ta be a KME. Don't know now. :P

Comment

• DFDco18

I belive the current engine is a E-One Cyclone II or Cyclone TC. However, it is Red, and the one in the pic was white. they must be using a reserve, unless they got a new one in the past couple of months.

Comment

• oz10engine

It's old 6 engine, it's a reserve. Our regular wagon is getting warranty work done.

Comment

• CAPTAIN WHO

That chassis is in no way an E-1 Chassis.

Exposed cab steps. Roof line is all wrong. Clearly a fabricated shell. No way an E-1 cab would fold and tear open like that.

Comment

• Firefighter2197

guys just my 2 cents worth but the whole fire coumminty should be thanking god that dc is not burying 5 ff this week
            my opioan that engine did ites job and protected the ff inside any one know if they where wearing seatbelts or not
            stay safe and have fun

Comment

• oz10engine

The engine that was in the wreck is a reserve piece. It's a 1993 KME. As for the accident everyone is OK, just banged up a little. There keeping the acting officer overnight for observation.

Comment

• Resq14

THanks. Yes, and I forgot to also add that I, too, am glad no one was seriously injured.

Comment

• pfr172

Have they come up with a cause of the wreck?

Comment

• LtStick

I'm glad to hear that none of the crew were seriously injured. It could have easily been a lot worse as stated earlier.
                    I definitely think Engine did what it was designed to do in protecting the crew. From the article I read they apparently had to extricate the Officer which would explain the damage to the passenger side.
                    The Fire Co. I run with has a KME the same model year and I believe that Engine was on display at the Harrisburg Fire Expo in 1993 as was my Fire Co's Engine that year.
                    Regardless of who made that Engine the most Important thing to remember is that everyone is still alive and that there were no serious injuries as the result of the crash.

Comment

• CollegeBuff

Glad to hear everyone is going to be ok. Just wondering, how did a piece bought in 1993 get to be a reserve?

Comment

• oz10engine

This engine (the 1993 KME) was just placed into reserve status 2 months ago. The FD just purchased a lot of apparatus in the past few months in order to replace it's tired and aging apparatus. Engine cos. in D.C. usually last 5 - 10 years in front line service depending on how busy they are. This particluar engine was assingned to E-6, one of the busiest companies in the city for years. This piece ran 5,000-7,000 calls a year for 8 years. After that anyone would be tired.

Comment

• oz10engine

They will probably be using this reserve for spare parts now.

[This message has been edited by oz10engine (edited 04-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by oz10engine (edited 04-12-2001).]

Comment

• DCFD1051

I thank God that all of these guys are ok, especially my buddy Mark, one of the funniest guys I know. But, PLEASE, let this be a lesson to everyone on this job and in this profession - WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS! The life you save WILL be your own!

Comment

• CollegeBuff

oz10engine-

Thanks for the info. I guess I allowed myself to forget how busy the FD really is in one of my favorite cities. I come from an area where engines are required to last 15 or 20 years at a minimum. Replacing apparatus in the same decade is pretty much unheard of.

Again, glad to hear everyone's ok.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...