Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Unhappy customer

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhappy customer

I want to get some feedback from the ranks. Has anyone had a problem receiving a Cairns helmet order in a timely manner recently? (I'm not talking about an in-stock order) My last order took 18 weeks, and my current order has taken 10 and still has not shipped. Carins gave the typical 4-6 weeks when we originally started ordering from them. This has now changed to 5-15 weeks when MSA took over. What has MSA done to Cairns and Bros?
    Because of this extended ship time,I have decided to go with the Morning Pride Ben 2 Plus. Any feedback on this helmet?

To further clarify, my first order was for 10 360's (a small metro helmet), my second and still pending order is for 8 1010 XD's.

Going back to the morning pride helmet, the regional sales rep. took one of our old traditionals and smacked it three times with the Ben 2 plus. The outcome...the fiberglass tradional had a crack on the crown, the morning pride helmet didn't have a scratch.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by jmatthe2 (edited 04-11-2001).]

Your noy the only one having problems. One of the members of my Fire Company ordered a Leather helmet and it took at least 18 weeks to come in. My guess is that when MSA took over they most of made some changes. I'm sure everyone is having the same problem. Your best bet in the future is to either wait for a Fire expo or other event along those lines or be prepared for a long wait. Its a shame that things take this long. I'm sure your not the only one who decided to order off a different company. Hopefully they get there act together before they loose to much business to there competitors.

Comment

We recently order several sets of new turnout gear and our sales rep. told us that MSA was running approx. 22 weeks for delivery of new leather helmets. We didn't order any, choosing for Cairns 1010's instead...

Comment

Here's another MSA/Cairns horror story.....last summer, I sent an 5A in for a refurb job. Of course, in order to get the helmet back , I had to pay for the repairs, which I did. Now I keep receiving bills from MSA for the job saying it wasn't paid. I've got the proof but can't reach anyone to help me. After numerous phone calls to the old number I have for Cairns, I've given up trying to get it straight. Nobody seems to know anything and of course the standard collection letter I received from MSA claiming I owe them $$$ has no phone number. So...I've officially thrown my hands up and given up.

Comment

After getting promoted to a Lt. at the first of March I ordered a new 1010. I got the standard 5 to 6 week answer. I just got the helmet last friday, so it was almost exactly 6 weeks. We have a local dealer that is selling the Morning Pride helmets. He came to show us the Ben II Plus the week after we had ordered the 1010's. If it wasnt for the fact that I had already ordered the 1010 I would have bought the Ben II. It appears to be a stronger helmet. The dealer said it is some new material they are using. I think he called it Fyreglass. I liked it a lot and would be willing to buy one in the future.

------------------
          Anything I post in the forums is my opinion and does not reflect my department or any organization I belong to.

Comment

I ordered a new 5A leather helmet from www.thefirestore.com and got it in two days. I guess cause they have them in stock I didn't have to wait for weeks. This won't help those of you that have already oredered, but anyone looking to get a new one try there first.

Comment

File this under purely unsubstantiated rumor, but I was told by a sales assoc. of a apparatus and gear distributor that the Cairns family had just very recently sold out of the helmet business to another manufacturer. The family (Cairns) " Supposedly" has developed a rift of some sorts and things may be a tad slow until all the particulars are worked out. Once more I would like to put the dis-claimer out that this was at least third hand info. prior to my getting it, not substantiated.

Comment

I've had my Ben II almost a year now, and I love it. I'll never trade it for a leather, don't let all that "tradion" stuff get to you. The weight factor alone has me sold to my BFII. I like to say, if you want to carry around 5 pounds of dead cow on your head, go ahead. But, it's all preference, but I think you'll like your Ben Franklin.

Comment

Ditto here in Illinois also.
                  We have extended delivery times for helmets and bunker gear. Luckily we have a fire equipment supplier who keeps some common items on hand which keeps some items delivery time down.

Comment

My Department just received an order for 196 660c,s that took 4 months to get. MSA got rid of all the mgmt.cairns had in place and put their own people in their place.After realizing there mistake they have brought back some of the old Mgmt.and some of the problems hopefully will start to get ironed out.

------------------
                    alleycat

Comment

Myself and another Firefighter sent our New Yorkers out for refurb and it took us 4 months to get them back. The only way we got them in my opinion is that we threatened to file a lawsuit on the company.

Comment

Plastic is for toy helmets.....real firefighters wear leather-"Tradition" is everything.....On a serious note-glad you guys like the BFII, but i'll still stick with the 5A.

Comment

I HAVE HAD A BEN FRANKLIN PLUS 2 NOW FOR APPROX 4 WEEKS AND LOVE IT. THE QUALITY IS SECOND TO NONE. AND THE EAGLE SHIELD HOLDER IS CAST BRASS INSTEAD OF FOLDED BRASS THAT BENDS. I DON'T THINK YOU'LL BE DISAPPOINTED

Comment

The leather hide supply has dried up because of the mad cow and foot and mouth diseses in england and europe. the prises of leather helmuts will double and triple. Try buying a pair of western boots or a saddle. 22 weeks for a delivery may be a short time. I image a longer time will be more than likely. Good luck. Plastic may be for

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X