becoming a fire fighter in MA help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• becoming a fire fighter in MA help

So 24 years old graduated college and now pursuing a career a a FF.

I am going back to school to get my emt certification in Sept. In December they release a form to sign up to take the entry civil service exam. The written exam takes place in April and also u can then schedule a pat test as well. If you pass those I assume you geton a list and go through the hiring department and if you get hired go to fire academy.

My question is are there anything else I should be doing to allow my self the best chance to get hired. Do I take Fire 1 and Fire 2 now or are those completed once I go to academy.

Just looking for ny advice or guidance. Thanka.

Originally posted by bigbadwolf View Post
    So 24 years old graduated college and now pursuing a career a a FF.

I am going back to school to get my emt certification in Sept. In December they release a form to sign up to take the entry civil service exam. The written exam takes place in April and also u can then schedule a pat test as well. If you pass those I assume you geton a list and go through the hiring department and if you get hired go to fire academy.

My question is are there anything else I should be doing to allow my self the best chance to get hired. Do I take Fire 1 and Fire 2 now or are those completed once I go to academy.

Just looking for ny advice or guidance. Thanka.
    Sounds like you're speaking of one particular department. I suggest you ask them.

Also suggest you target multiple departments and test everywhere you can. Not only local.

Comment

Originally posted by fire5555
      Are you in

Massachusetts???

They do a state wide test every two years??

Sounds like you need to look at jobs in other states also.
      Unless you want to wait for every two year cycle to test???

Yea I live in ma and prettyuch have my heart on working here. The written exam is only offered in April every two years once you pass that your then put on the eligible hiring list and can go through the hiring process.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X