Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Absolutly Shameless Self-Promotion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutly Shameless Self-Promotion

http://digital.fireengineering.com/f...fbJQIbD6#pg150
    Won't Open ... Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry.

And if attending FDIC, consider sitting in for my class. I personally guarantee you that it will be the best class in that particular classroom during that particular time slot. (Thursday @ 10:30)

And yes, it is my first national magazine article ... So I'm pretty pumped.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 03-11-2015, 08:28 PM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Large Vehicle Fire Operations
    Public Education & Training Coordinator Robert Callahan, Bossier Parish (LA) Fire District 1
    Much like today’s structure fires, fires involving large highway vehicles, including 18-wheelers,
    buses, and recreational vehicles, have undergone a radical change in the past several years. New
    solid fuels in greater quantities have led to faster burning, hotter, and more dangerous fires that
    can easily challenge a department’s response capabilities. In addition, these fires present
    personnel, operational, and logistical challenges that were not an issue in the past. Students will
    see how changes in construction, materials, size, cargos have affected fire behavior and will be
    given the tools to retrain their members on these new problems. Students also gain insight into
    new tactical approaches needed for this new generation of fires, including the use of large-flow
    handlines and the personnel, water supply, command, and safety requirements needed to support
    the increasing intensity this generation of new large vehicle fires generates. ALL LEVELS
    Room 105-106
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by MemphisE34a View Post
      Large Vehicle Fire Operations
      Public Education & Training Coordinator Robert Callahan, Bossier Parish (LA) Fire District 1
      Much like today’s structure fires, fires involving large highway vehicles, including 18-wheelers,
      buses, and recreational vehicles, have undergone a radical change in the past several years. New
      solid fuels in greater quantities have led to faster burning, hotter, and more dangerous fires that
      can easily challenge a department’s response capabilities. In addition, these fires present
      personnel, operational, and logistical challenges that were not an issue in the past. Students will
      see how changes in construction, materials, size, cargos have affected fire behavior and will be
      given the tools to retrain their members on these new problems. Students also gain insight into
      new tactical approaches needed for this new generation of fires, including the use of large-flow
      handlines and the personnel, water supply, command, and safety requirements needed to support
      the increasing intensity this generation of new large vehicle fires generates. ALL LEVELS
      Room 105-106

That's the class description.

The link that I posted was for the article that appeared this month in the digital issue of Fire Engineering, which was a requirement for teaching a class. I thought that it was public access but apparently that's not the case.

Comment

Congratulations on the article and Good Luck with the class!

Is Fire Engineering easy to work with?

Comment

Originally posted by captnjak View Post
          Congratulations on the article and Good Luck with the class!

Is Fire Engineering easy to work with?
          Thanks. It's been a pretty cool ride so far.

So far they have been very cooperative with no major issues. The deadlines have been reasonable and they have been very open to answering questions, which has been important since this is the first time that I have taught at FDIC or written an article for a major publication.

Comment

For anyone interested.............

If you can't get access and are curious about the article, I have been able to download it.

E-mail me at bcallahan@bpfd1.org if you would like me to e-mail it to you.

(Crickets sounding in the background)

Comment

Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
              That's the class description.

The link that I posted was for the article that appeared this month in the digital issue of Fire Engineering, which was a requirement for teaching a class. I thought that it was public access but apparently that's not the case.
              Maybe its just for me, but I posted that because the link didn't work.
              RK
              cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by MemphisE34a View Post
                Maybe its just for me, but I posted that because the link didn't work.
                Ya, I know.

There is even an option within the digital version where you can send a particular article to someone by e-mail and even they can't seemingly open it. Seems like their technology needs an upgrade of some type.

Comment

Bob
                  do you get a commission for filling the seats with arses for the class??? :-}

Comment

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
                    Bob
                    do you get a commission for filling the seats with arses for the class??? :-}
                    Nope, no commission.

Most of the "smaller" rooms are arranged to sit over a hundred. If I fill it up halfway I'll be happy given that I'm competing with some big names from some big departments..

Comment

Congratulations Bobby!

I am hoping to make it this year to FDIC. If I do perhaps I will partake of your class.
                      Crazy, but that's how it goes
                      Millions of people living as foes
                      Maybe it's not too late
                      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader