Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow and Ice in the South

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
    More nonsense. Please link where Republicans have stated they are for reasonable environmental regulations.


    Business won't restrict pollution unless forced. That much we know.
    You are such an idiot.

    http://grist.org/climate-energy/hous...eve-it-or-not/

    Who founded the EPA? Who founded NOAA?

    Give you a hint. It was a republican who pushed it through. Richard Milhous Nixon. Remember him?

    Want other acts and bills? Look at all the R's for party affiliation.

    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bil...rotection/6038

    Republicans have always stated they are for the enviroment, just with appropiate moderation.

    Now find your rock and crawl back under it.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
      You are such an idiot.

      http://grist.org/climate-energy/hous...eve-it-or-not/

      Who founded the EPA? Who founded NOAA?

      Give you a hint. It was a republican who pushed it through. Richard Milhous Nixon. Remember him?

      Want other acts and bills? Look at all the R's for party affiliation.

      https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bil...rotection/6038

      Republicans have always stated they are for the enviroment, just with appropiate moderation.

      Now find your rock and crawl back under it.
      Nice job!

      Waiting for SC's response.
      Train to fight the fires you fight.

      Comment


      • #93
        If Richard Nixon, who was chased from the presidency in 1974 for illegal activity, and died in 1994, is your shining example of republican environmentalism thanks for proving the point that it is not a critical republican agenda point any longer.

        In my state the republican goobernor is dismantling our environmental protections on an almost daily basis.
        Crazy, but that's how it goes
        Millions of people living as foes
        Maybe it's not too late
        To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
          You are such an idiot.

          http://grist.org/climate-energy/hous...eve-it-or-not/

          Who founded the EPA? Who founded NOAA?

          Give you a hint. It was a republican who pushed it through. Richard Milhous Nixon. Remember him?

          Want other acts and bills? Look at all the R's for party affiliation.

          https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bil...rotection/6038


          When people ask about my political affiliation I tell them I'm a Reagan Republican. Aka, a democrat.

          Republicans have always stated they are for the enviroment, just with appropiate moderation.

          Now find your rock and crawl back under it.
          One would also have to be a complete idiot (or someone as dense as LAFE) to believe that Nixon or Ronald Reagan could get elected today as Republicans. Both of them would get run out of town on a rail by the idiots that now control the GOP.
          Last edited by scfire86; 03-14-2015, 04:01 PM.
          They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

          I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
            One would also have to be a complete idiot (or someone as dense as LAFE) to believe that Nixon or Ronald Reagan could get elected today as Republicans. Both of them would get run out of town on a rail by the idiots that now control the GOP.
            I've heard it said that JFK probably wouldn't be considered a Democrat these days, either.
            Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

            Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by tree68 View Post
              I've heard it said that JFK probably wouldn't be considered a Democrat these days, either.
              Based on what?

              The discussion was about prominent GOP officials and their record on the environment. Not JFK.
              Last edited by scfire86; 03-15-2015, 11:35 AM.
              They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

              I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

              Comment


              • #97
                Whoa, whoa, whoa! You didn't dare bring JFK into this, did you?

                Oh, snap.
                The fire service is about service to our fellow man.
                There is a trust that must not be broken and we are the keepers of that trust.
                Captain Dave LeBlanc

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by tree68 View Post
                  I've heard it said that JFK probably wouldn't be considered a Democrat these days, either.
                  There are a lot of people would also say Bill Clinton is dang near too moderate to ever get nominated in the present democrat party.
                  ?

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by conrad427 View Post
                    Whoa, whoa, whoa! You didn't dare bring JFK into this, did you?

                    Oh, snap.
                    Originally posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
                    There are a lot of people would also say Bill Clinton is dang near too moderate to ever get nominated in the present democrat party.
                    The difference is that I point to things Reagan did as Governor of CA that would keep him from getting elected president today as a GOP.

                    The same can't be said of JFK as a senator or Clinton as governor.
                    They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

                    I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                      The difference is that I point to things Reagan did as Governor of CA that would keep him from getting elected president today as a GOP.

                      The same can't be said of JFK as a senator or Clinton as governor.
                      And when Reagan was president it was a different era with different problems.

                      Some of what Reagan did as President would not be applicable and not good policy with the current state of affairs. If he proposed the same agenda today, I would likely not vote for him.
                      Train to fight the fires you fight.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
                        And when Reagan was president it was a different era with different problems.

                        Some of what Reagan did as President would not be applicable and not good policy with the current state of affairs. If he proposed the same agenda today, I would likely not vote for him.
                        Great, then you just blew up your argument of GOP electeds supporting reasonable enviro regulations.

                        Thanks.
                        Last edited by scfire86; 03-16-2015, 05:47 PM.
                        They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

                        I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                          Great, then you just blew up your argument of GOP electeds supporting reasonable enviro regulations.

                          Thanks.
                          Not at all.

                          I think there are many Republicans today that make reasonable environmental arguments, given the compromises need to continue the use of fossil fuels and bring manufacturing back to the US, while at the same time not financially overburdening the business sector and allowing for reasonable profit margins.
                          Train to fight the fires you fight.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
                            Not at all.

                            I think there are many Republicans today that make reasonable environmental arguments, given the compromises need to continue the use of fossil fuels and bring manufacturing back to the US, while at the same time not financially overburdening the business sector and allowing for reasonable profit margins.
                            Like which ones and what do they consider reasonable regulations?

                            Please be specific.
                            They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

                            I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                              Like which ones and what do they consider reasonable regulations?

                              Please be specific.
                              Most Republicans are not openly anti-coal, like Obama. Given today's technology coal is a reasonably clean, and more importantly cheap, fuel source, not to mention that it is the economic lifeblood of Appalachia.

                              The fact is that the EPA has run amuck with ridiculously stringent clean water regulations. Most Republicans support reasonable loosening of some of those restrictions.

                              Keystone Pipelines.
                              Train to fight the fires you fight.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
                                The fact is that the EPA has run amuck with ridiculously stringent clean water regulations. Most Republicans support reasonable loosening of some of those restrictions.
                                Because clean air and water are such a bother. How much poison do you want to eat and drink?

                                Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
                                Keystone Pipelines.
                                Huh? Is this a tourettes remark?
                                They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

                                I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X