This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who and where is Berwyn Heights Co. 14

I have heard several references to Berwyn Heights and Rescue Squad 14. Who and where are they and why do people talk about them?

Company 14 - Prince Georges County MD
    Run 2 Rescue Squads, a Tiller Ladder and an Ambulance.
    They don't run any fire compared to other PG companies, but they run more tool jobs than anyone else in the county.
    They are located near college park campus.
    I know that there are Co. 14 members on here so I'll let them answer anything else.

Comment

Knowing their reputation as a top notch extrication company, the only place I will allow myself to wreck is in their first due! Take care and be safe.

------------------
      Phil Clinard
      Laurel VFD
      Prince George's Co Sta 10
      Laurel, MD
      www.laurelvfd.org

Comment

rsq2--- Your profile says PG and you don't know where Berwyn Heights or Squad 14 is? Gimme a break.

The question to ask is Where is Squad 2? Nanna nanna, Nanna nanna, hey hey hey GOODBYE!

[This message has been edited by TowerPower (edited 04-05-2001).]

Comment

Berwyn Heights is located approximately 1 mile east of the University of Maryland's College Park campus. Areas we respond to on box alarms include Berwyn Heights, Greenbelt, Branchville (north College Park), College Park, Chillum-Adelphi, West Lanham Hills, Glenn Dale, Laurel, Beltsville, Riverdale, and Riverdale Heights.

We respond to accidents on the following highways U.S. 1, I-95, I-495, and the Baltimore-Washington Parkway just to mention a few.

As others have said we don't see much fire, but we extricate people out of cars quicker than any other Rescue Squad in PG county.

Comment

You guys that run there... don't put yourself down for the lack of fire work. A friend of mine used to run there... you guys do a pretty fair amount of "truck" work.

CYA

Comment

you have to remember its all in perspective. 14 probably runs more fire than some of the other counties in the area put together, but in PG county terms they are on the low end.
              they probably run 30-40 fires a year, but some pg companies runs as many as 170-180 fires a year.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X