This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydrant Marking

Anyone know of a good quality reflective paint that we can use to paint hydrant caps per NFPA standard?

If you do please let me know.
    Thanks

------------------

Clean the caps, paint (krylon) them the color you want and sprinkle real small glass beads (available from craft stores) on them while their still wet. The beads will stick in the paint and provide reflection.

Comment

If you don't mind spending the money and your only gonna do hydrant caps, I'd just go out and buy the Scothlite paint. It will last and is very effective. Where I am at we use regular paint for the caps and the rim of the bell for flow. We use the silver Scotchlight for the rest of the bell, and the body of the hydrant is yellow. Or another option but I'm not sure if they have all the colors of the NFPA Specs, is to buy the tall plastic visibility poles in each color. It will help you see them better at night, in snow drifts, etc. Hope that helps a little. D:
      ----------------------------

Comment

I know you asked for painting ideas, but I just thought I'd tell you of what we use in our district.
        On our hydrants we have a heavy duty plastic band that goes around the top of the hydrant. These bands have a peice of white scotch-lite tape around them and are very visible at night. You can tighten them with the included hardware ( basically a bolt and a lock nut). We have not had any problems with them getting stolen or falling off. They also still reflect well when they are dirty. I'm sorry but I can't tell you the cost of these bands, but I didn't know if you had seen any of these since the only place I have seen them is in my fire district.
        I hope I have been a help.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X