This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arnold's Helping The Big Boys

I would simply like to extend my thanks to Mr. Schwazenegger ( Sorry Mr. S), and say how incredibly glad I am that there is at least one mega movie star out there who understands, at least to some degree, the unique challenges that go along with the title "FF". I look forward to the movie, and know that I for one will be there opening night. Stay safe y'all.

------------------
    "I hate it when someone says something is impossible, because then I have to go and find a way to do it."
    Whatever it is, I didn't do it, and I don't know anything about a fire. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
    Stay safe, boys and girls. It's for keeps out there.

I have not heard about this movie. What is the name and what's it about?

Comment

The movie is "Collateral Damage" and is due out about October 5, 2001. The title has nothing to do with fire damage, it refers to a government term for innocent people killed by terrorists. Arnold plays a fireman whose wife and son are innocent bystanders killed by a terrorist's bomb. I get the impression that there won't be that much about firefighting in the movie, but Arnold did train with the Los Angeles Fire Department (I believe) so he could portray a firefighter with some realism. Apparently he has developed a new respect for firefighters and is donating equipment to the fire department. With a big name like Schwarzenegger, we can only hope that there is a large turnout for this movie, and that his character has enough substance to portray what really goes on in the fire/rescue service. I think most people don't have a clue about what you guys really do.

Comment

Thanks FF's SignfOthr, that's exactly correct. However, a little clarification: Apparently, threre will be a fair amount of firefighting conatined in the movie. In fact, a member of LAFD was a consultant, and impressed upon Arnold and the producers the real world of firefighting. Not the "Backdraft" type of firefighting. When we see fire scenes ( which are in there), Arnold will either be on hands and knees or doing our favorite, duckwalking. Also, he will be in full bunkers, with hood and SCBA. As far as the donation, Arnold was so impressed with what we put up with in our daily work routines, he orignally wanted to donate a Fire/Rescue vehicle, but when he was told that instead of a single vehicle, he could get thermal imaging cameras for either a bunch of trucks or a bunch of departments ( I forget which), he instead decided to do that. I understand that talks are now underway between the department, Arnold, and whichever manufacterers are going to be involved.

------------------
        "I hate it when someone says something is impossible, because then I have to go and find a way to do it."
        Whatever it is, I didn't do it, and I don't know anything about a fire. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
        Stay safe, boys and girls. It's for keeps out there.

Comment

Captain Steve Rude PIO for the LAFD was the technical advisor for the movie, Also several companies of LAFD units stopped by and the Firefighter's were treated as if they were the movie stars, Captain Ruda has also served as a Tech Advisor for 3rd Watch

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X