Spanner Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanner Question

I am in need of some SOLID aluminum spanner wrenches. Not cast aluminum or any other alloy. Does anyone know who makes some, or where we can get them? I know its an odd request, but need them for a special project.

Thanks in advance.

....all i can find in google and via askin around is alloys and cast sorry, and if i may ask what kind of project?

Comment

Looking to have custom spanner wrench bottle openers made for the groomsmen in my wedding.

Comment

Know anybody that does CNC machining? Sounds like it might be about your only hope.
        Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

I have thought about going that route, but scared to hear what it might cost!

Comment

http://www.lazerdesigns.com/Merchant...FUqD5Qod2TE0Jw

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_10...ener&seaxspa=1

http://www.amazon.com/Park-SS-15C-Si.../dp/B0025UMID0
            Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Wouldn't cast aluminum be solid? Are you referring to a milled aluminum?

Comment

Originally posted by EGregory View Post
                Wouldn't cast aluminum be solid? Are you referring to a milled aluminum?
                Billet. Weddings aren't worth billet, divorces are.
                IAFF

Comment

It may not be exactly what you want, but you can always draw up a wench in 2d ( or make a DFX file) and have a laser cutting service cut some out for you out of regular 5052 aluminum plate, or 6061 if you want it hardened.

Comment

Originally posted by snowball View Post
                    Billet. Weddings aren't worth billet, divorces are.
                    QFT.

Why a spanner? Google "firefighter bottle opener". Plenty to choose from, including a neat mini-halligan I saw. If the others are too "ordinary", then you need to spend $$$$ to get truly custom.
                    Opinions expressed are mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of the Philadelphia Fire Department and/or IAFF Local 22.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpita View Post
                      QFT.

Why a spanner? Google "firefighter bottle opener". Plenty to choose from, including a neat mini-halligan I saw. If the others are too "ordinary", then you need to spend $$$$ to get truly custom.
                      Yes, if you are not dead set on a spanner and are an IAFF member, you can order these.

Halligan Bar Bottle Opener
                      Code: F913
                      Price: $15.00

Volume Price
                      Quantity Price Each
                      1-23 $15.00
                      24+ $13.50

Small scale replica of one of the most important firefighting tools used. Coated in hard nickel chrome to resist corrosion and all kinds of daily use and abuse. Makes easy work of opening cans and bottles so you can enjoy your favorite beverage in style. Perfect for the bar, the garage, BBQ�s and picnics. Keep one on your desk as a paperweight. Great for personal and department gifts, awards, and fundraisers. 6" long.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I actually laughed at snowball's remark. +1
                        Fire Service Interview questions - The blog that has REAL interview questions for firefighters, Engineers, Lieutenants, and Captains !

Comment

Akron has/had a "giveaway" bottle opener storz spanner w/key ring approx. 3" long that has their logo on it. I have one from last summer that is anodized orange color. Contact your Akron rep and see if still available. Appears to be laser cut from sheet aluminum.

Or perhaps Akron will refer you to their supplier for a custom logo job.

Comment

Originally posted by TVFR9923 View Post
                            Yes, if you are not dead set on a spanner and are an IAFF member, you can order these.

Halligan Bar Bottle Opener
                            Code: F913
                            Price: $15.00

Volume Price
                            Quantity Price Each
                            1-23 $15.00
                            24+ $13.50

Small scale replica of one of the most important firefighting tools used. Coated in hard nickel chrome to resist corrosion and all kinds of daily use and abuse. Makes easy work of opening cans and bottles so you can enjoy your favorite beverage in style. Perfect for the bar, the garage, BBQ�s and picnics. Keep one on your desk as a paperweight. Great for personal and department gifts, awards, and fundraisers. 6" long.
                            Or, you don't need to be an IAFF member and buy the same thing cheaper from thefirestore.com

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/product.cfm?pID=7088

-Damien

Comment

Got the halligans in today! Pretty cool! Still thinking about doing spanner wrench ones too, perhaps trying to market them?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X