Large crack in N6A from a drop Need opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large crack in N6A from a drop Need opinions

need a little help here guys. just today when i was getting outa the rig my lid slipped off my lap and hit the concrete quite hard. Now there is a crack that runs the back of it right where the brim meets the shell. is this a major deal or is it ok. You can see what looks like the epoxy they use to fuse the two together. if i need to send it in to Cairns id like to do it right away before its too late!

Thanks Jason
    sigpicWhos says Fire Trucks cant be YELLOW!

Originally posted by InstructorJV87 View Post
    need a little help here guys. just today when i was getting outa the rig my lid slipped off my lap and hit the concrete quite hard. Now there is a crack that runs the back of it right where the brim meets the shell. is this a major deal or is it ok. You can see what looks like the epoxy they use to fuse the two together. if i need to send it in to Cairns id like to do it right away before its too late!

Thanks Jason
    I have a feeling you're going to be told to hang it on the wall.

I would guess that you should probably take it out of service. I know I would. I would hate to have to hang up my leather and use a plastic imposter for a few weeks until a new leather came in.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

actually its all good now sanded it down and checked it... it ended up being just a crack in a very thick paint area so shes still alive
      sigpicWhos says Fire Trucks cant be YELLOW!

Comment

Great! Glad it all worked out for ya.
        These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X