Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Lowry/Firefighter Hourly

Whats up...

Looking for information on Jay Lowry or Firefighter Hourly. Picked up on his blog in 2009, and became a fan of his podcast. Then, suddenly, it, and him were gone. Hopefully he's doing okay.

Anyone know what he's up to these days?

Thanks; be safe...
    My opinions only.

AGS-SGA 091101

What did a Google search show on this???
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
      What did a Google search show on this???
      Nothing smartazz. I checked. I give the OP the benefit of the doubt that he probably checked too.

He dropped completely off the map around May last year. I do know that he was battling some health problems prior to that.

I was also interested in what happened to him because I followed his website. I didn't agree with everything he said, but it was an interesting read.
      I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
      "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
      -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

Comment

Originally posted by IronsMan53 View Post
        Nothing smartazz. I checked. I give the OP the benefit of the doubt that he probably checked too.

He dropped completely off the map around May last year. I do know that he was battling some health problems prior to that.

I was also interested in what happened to him because I followed his website. I didn't agree with everything he said, but it was an interesting read.
        Thats for the kind words.

The first thing I would have done was exhausted all other means.

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Note to posters:

Always make sure you specify that you've already checked various search engines, as well as searched the Firehouse Forum itself before posting questions here....

And include in your post that you've done so...
          Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Originally posted by tree68 View Post
            Note to posters:

Always make sure you specify that you've already checked various search engines, as well as searched the Firehouse Forum itself before posting questions here....

And include in your post that you've done so...
            Note to repliers:

Don't jump to conclusions and think that someone is an idiot and hasn't done any research at all because he didn't write you a book detailing his search up to the point of him posting in this forum.

What p!sses me off is the "did you do a search" guy that seems to pop up in almost every thread where someone asks a question. What p!sses me off more is when they put stupid rolleyes smileys which just reinforces the fact that they are complete d0uche bags.

Rant off.
            I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
            "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
            -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
              The first thing I would have done was exhausted all other means.
              I'd rather have this forum be a place where anyone on the job could feel free to come and ask questions without ridicule, rather than being some place that is a "last resort."
              Career Fire Captain
              Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by IronsMan53 View Post
                Note to repliers:

Don't jump to conclusions and think that someone is an idiot and hasn't done any research at all because he didn't write you a book detailing his search up to the point of him posting in this forum.

What p!sses me off is the "did you do a search" guy that seems to pop up in almost every thread where someone asks a question. What p!sses me off more is when they put stupid rolleyes smileys which just reinforces the fact that they are complete d0uche bags.

Rant off.
                I love the guy that says "read through this thread to find your answer".....then you glance up at the amount of pages and it sits at "376", dating back to 1996. Seen that in various hiring threads....when all you want is a darn three word answer.

Comment

Yes, I searched Google. Yes, I searched fh.com, fe.com, TWD, Statter911, SCOnFire and most of the other major blogs. I understood Jay encountered a health problem recently, but it was odd the way the site, and the podcast went away suddenly. Yes, I was wondering about the website, but also wondering how Jay was doing. Since this was supposedly THE premiere forum for all things fire service, I figured it might be worth a shot.

Thanks anyway.
                  My opinions only.

AGS-SGA 091101

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse