No announcement yet.

Fireman's personal vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, no no! He asked what to put in a fireMAN's personal vehicle! The correct answer is a coal shovel and a pair of good sturdy gloves!
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

An Extinguisher & Reflective Vest, plus tools etc is what I always carry.

Comment

A couple items I carry in addition to those listed are a pry-bar and a tow strap. Have pulled many 'slide-off' cars back onto the road. Never have had to use that bar though.....but ya never know when you might come upon an incident where it is a necessity.

Comment

In mine I like to keep sunglasses, CDs, my gps (and also a map), Deodorant (you never know when you need it), Gum, one or two cans of spare snuff, and sometimes if I'm going to be in an area with tolls, I'll throw some change in there!

I dont put anything related to firefighting or EMS in my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by tajm611 View Post
            What part of Louisiana are you from brother?

Central Louisiana, Avoyelles Parish to be more specific.

Comment

Thanks for all the great input!

Comment

Originally posted by Lewiston2FF View Post
                No, no no! He asked what to put in a fireMAN's personal vehicle! The correct answer is a coal shovel and a pair of good sturdy gloves!
                I leave the scoop on the tender.

But I do have a good pair of gloves...
                Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

I Drive a 2000 Ford F350.
                  In my tool box I keep My bunkers and a BLS bag. I also keep a bug out bag for the " zombie apocolypse" 3 day rations a KaBar Fire starting kit a water purification system and a change of clothes and a few other odds and ends.

We do alot of wildland jobs and ya never know what hollow or burg your gonna get stuck in for a while.
                  Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

Comment

Originally posted by tree68 View Post
                    Many years ago (before I was a FF, but after horses...) the FD's "resuscitator truck" (first responder vehicle, before the EMS first responder concept took off) quit at a night fire. Of course, the red light and headlights were still on. Do you realize how much juice those Model 17 BeaconRays draw?

I usually have my turnouts with me. The back of the truck, which has been referred to as "Home Depot" by others, has flares, fire extinguishers, a tool box, even a roll of scene tape...
                    Years ago we had a Fire Muster and competition for the volunteers to show off their POV's and lights, so this one guy fired up his Jeep, fliped his lights on and the Jeeps headlights dimmed so much that they weren't even worth using...

Anyway, back to the question at hand. I keep jumper cables, bunker gear, tool box with misc tools, extra set of windshield wipers, some rope, my medical bag and O2.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
                      Voice of experience, Tim?
                      Actually NO Gonz,I set my Buggy up so IF I shut it off it drops a Master feed and the lights go out.Now the HELP on the other hand. About 6 times in the last couple months. T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by deputybuxton View Post
                        A couple items I carry in addition to those listed are a pry-bar and a tow strap. Have pulled many 'slide-off' cars back onto the road. Never have had to use that bar though.....but ya never know when you might come upon an incident where it is a necessity.
                        NO WONDER my profits are down,Hehe T.C.

Comment

Cordless drill with good batteries, screws, basic screwdrivers, and like mentioned above tow strap, jumper cables, duct tape, scene tape, multiple flashlights, safety vest, bunkers, brush gear, extra shoes and socks, water, power bars. And now you can't get your lid down on the tool box. shovel, ax or polowski, and bolt cutters.

And now that you have everything, you will get paged while you are in your wifes car and have none of it, and all the guys give you a hard time for not having it when we need it.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Lewiston2FF View Post
                            Wow, I dunno where you are from, but I thought we all had moved past the age of steamers. Speaking of which, I have a nice chemical engine I could sell you for cheap

Comment

Forgot to mention that I also carry jumper cables, tow strap, etc. Also have my USAR bag in there.......... that was a recent addition.
                              ------------------------------------
                              These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                              ------------------------------------

Comment

I keep a window punch and belt cutter handy...
                                Firefighting - one of the few professions left that still makes house calls.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X