Fireman's personal vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireman's personal vehicle

Well this is my first thread so here goes. I just purchased a toolbox for my pov. In it, I have my bunker gear, medical bag, fire extinguisher, vest, and a great light. What are some other items a firefighter/ first responder should keep in there pov. I respond to medical and fire calls.

By the way.... Osama Bin Laden is dead !! God bless America!

What else would you need? Shouldn't the BRT have anything else you might need?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

is there anything your home department wants you to carry?
      Originally Posted by madden01
      "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Comment

Are you paid or volunteer???
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Both departments are Volunteer...Sorry I forgot to mention.

We are recommended to keep a medical bag and turnout gear.

Comment

In my truck toolbox I carry... go figure.... my tools! haha

But I also carry the set of turnouts that I use when I am teaching and a jump bag with some first aid stuff and a box of gloves. Also have a mag lite and some flares.

Should probably look into getting a fire extinguisher.

Glad I went with the contractor size weatherguard tool box. You can fit 4 golf bags in the thing if I were ever to clean all my crap out. It was definitely worth the extra cash.
            ------------------------------------
            These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
            ------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks backsteprescue! I put a fire extinguisher in today. That slipped my mind. Lol My box could probably hold about 3 bunker gear bags. It's low profile so it's not huge. I got my back seat of my truck back again though.lol thanks a bunch!

Comment

Jumper cables. Someone ALWAYS leaves their lights on at a emergency scene. T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Firefighter View Post
                  Thanks backsteprescue! I put a fire extinguisher in today. That slipped my mind. Lol My box could probably hold about 3 bunker gear bags. It's low profile so it's not huge. I got my back seat of my truck back again though.lol thanks a bunch!
                  What part of Louisiana are you from brother?
                  ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
                    Voice of experience, Tim?
                    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
                      Many years ago (before I was a FF, but after horses...) the FD's "resuscitator truck" (first responder vehicle, before the EMS first responder concept took off) quit at a night fire. Of course, the red light and headlights were still on. Do you realize how much juice those Model 17 BeaconRays draw?

I usually have my turnouts with me. The back of the truck, which has been referred to as "Home Depot" by others, has flares, fire extinguishers, a tool box, even a roll of scene tape...
                      Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Don't forget a roll of duct tape!!!!! Never know when you might need some.......

Comment

A shovel and six bags of lye.
                          IAFF

Comment

Originally posted by snowball View Post
                            A shovel and six bags of lye.
                            Or a FIT-5..
                            So you call this your free country
                            Tell me why it costs so much to live
                            -3dd

Comment

Originally posted by voyager9 View Post
                              Or a FIT-5..
                              Now you've done it....
                              ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                              Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X