Self-Rescue Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-Rescue Systems

What type of system are you using? What are the Pro's and Con's? This is for personal knowledge, so be blunt.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Originally posted by Trkco1 View Post
    What type of system are you using? What are the Pro's and Con's? This is for personal knowledge, so be blunt.
    The best self rescue system is Situational awareness.
    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Comment

rope and my irons.
      a competent truck company
      the correct use of ladders
      knowledge of building construction and fire behavior.

not in that order.
      ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Let's put an end to the BS, Legit question. I'm looking for cross room deployment, hang-ups at the sill, repacking problems. What are your experiences? No crap please.
        FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Comment

Let's put an end to the BS, Legit question. I'm looking for cross room deployment, hang-ups at the sill, repacking problems. What are your experiences? No crap please.
          50 ft of bailout rope in my right bottom turn out pocket, a beaner, and what ever tool I have that day. [email protected] the fifty dollar hooks, fancy decent control devices, bags, and all of the other crap.

Look through the forums, this has been beat to death..
          Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Comment

You're looking for a pre-packaged kit or just an individual system?

Honestly, mine is my rope and my irons with a self-made harness and carabiner integrated within the lining of my bunker pants, good enough to lower me from a 2-3 story or if larger, good enough to lower myself to a manageable/survivable fall.

If you need information on pre-packaged kit I suggest roco rescue's get up. If you need to know more on mine just let me know, I'd be glad to help. It has only been really used in an emergency setting three times but performed flawlessly.
            ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Originally posted by tajm611 View Post
              You're looking for a pre-packaged kit or just an individual system?

Honestly, mine is my rope and my irons with a self-made harness and carabiner integrated within the lining of my bunker pants, good enough to lower me from a 2-3 story or if larger, good enough to lower myself to a manageable/survivable fall.

If you need information on pre-packaged kit I suggest roco rescue's get up. If you need to know more on mine just let me know, I'd be glad to help. It has only been really used in an emergency setting three times but performed flawlessly.
              Dude, have done the same thing for years, rope, beaner, halligan, I get it. Department is now implementing new policy with a pre-packaged system. Pro's and Con's only. And I have used the search in this tired old site, a little dated. If you can't contibute, don't post.
              FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Comment

Dude, have done the same thing for years, rope, beaner, halligan, I get it. Department is now implementing new policy with a pre-packaged system. Pro's and Con's only. And I have used the search in this tired old site, a little dated. If you can't contibute, don't post.
                Wow...Im pretty sure most these guys are trying to help bub...if you cant take the good with the bad, id lay off these forums...with that being said...

Two of the guys on my crew use an EVAC bail-out bag. Two beaners, one decent device and 50 ft of 4k rated line. Ive seen it work well in a couple of training situations. Id say the only drawback is the size. I dont like hanging a bunch of stuff off of me or filling my pockets with too much crap.

Comment

Really? You're going to be a dick head because :

1: How am I suppose to know what you already have?
                  2: I figured if you were capable of using google you would have already known about my set up and I would have omitted it in my answer.
                  3: You asked me what I am using, my answer was exactly that, what I use. It's not my problem if you want me to pretend to have the exact set up you'd like info on.

If you can't understand how to legitimately search, don't ask a question until you do.

Comment

I ensure I only do interior attack with this guy. If things go south, he's very handy to have around.

Comment

SERIOUS SPECIFIC ANSWERS TO THE EXTREMELY BROAD QUESTION ONLY IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO CONTRIBUTE THEN YOU SHOULD JUST DIE BECAUSE YOU ARE SCUM UUUUGHHHHH

the internet is serious business.

Comment

Has your dept thought of using i wanna say its globe that we had. It has the bailout kit built into the gear. It works great and easy to use to drag a brother out.

Comment

The best thing I have seen/ used is the Petzl EXO. It is fast and reliable. You are able to connect to the sill or move rapidly horizontally if need. 5000 lb tensil strength on the rope (Technora) If you are familiar with the GriGri or Petzl ID same principle. I really did not find any con's other than the price to take the course to use the EXO (Petzl Policy)

Comment

50ft of Sterling RIT 500 in my left pants pocket with an Omega extra large 1/2 inch steel modified D carabiner on one end.

Anchor point with this system can be a stud/door frame (punch through a wall), fixed heavy object (cast iron radiator) or tool in a window frame.

No belay device, wrap the rope behind you, hold on to it in front and roll out the window.

I've trained with this setup a number of times and it works very well.

Comment

Another pretty decent looking option I came across was from Firerescueoutfitters.....

simular to the Petzl setup......quick, small enough and effective......think it;s called the G-Zero...it caught my attention anyway......

I'm currently looking at putting them in to my Department for all the FF's......

Good luck with your search, IT IS very time consuming...there's lots of options, brands, ideas and price ranges.......

I found my best luck was simply to google FF escape/Bail out systems....then sat there and went through every manufacturers and dealers websites......I've delt with Firerescueoutfitters for RIT stuff in the past.....good guy.......I thought maybe I;d try this route too........

Cheers,

and Stay Safe......

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...