This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush Restores Fire Act $300,000,000.00

The President has decided to restore the entire amount previously PROMISED in his next budget. No, not the 5 billion we originally ask for but the $300,000,000.00.

I believe he only added 100 million back in to his budget, not the full 300 million. But, thank God he came to his senses.
    http://www.iaff.org/iaff/GovAff/html...onference.htm.

Comment

to bad he didn't have the nuts to stick to a campaign issue , something about a smaller government I believe.

"Government can do something for the people only in proportion as it can do something to the people." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I agree, tinner. This sets a bad precedent. This is a pipe dream, and it's going to wind up costing smaller fire companies in the long run. Our time could better be spent securing reliable, renewable, steady LOCAL funding sources. The bluster, hue and cry over the FIRE Act takes valuable time, attention, and resources away from that task.

Has anyone bothered to look at just the application process, let alone the disbursement arrangments? Welcome to the nightmare of federal bureacracy, where you don't control a thing, and if you forget to cross the "t" on page 7 of your application, you get nothing. Have fun trying to communicate your unique local situation, challenges, and needs to a bureacrat in Washington who doesn't give a rat's *ss about those challenges, and would be hard-pressed even to locate your community on a map.

Very disappointed in the President.

------------------
        J. Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated.

Comment

Hey Bucks,

Maybe some of us diehards could get the "pro" fire act community together to use its letter writing skills to get the TAX CUT passed. Every time I look at the news, they're making it smaller. They aren't even anywhere near actually making gov't. smaller, they're only talking about the overpayment (oops, I mean surplus) but they aren't even giving us that back.

What do you think?

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to me, RJE!

------------------
            J. Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated.

Comment

Hey Captain Gonzo...

Look up, I found the God Complex again!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse