The emergency management in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The emergency management in USA

The Civil defense in Saudi Arabia is the one of the governmental bodies that is intended to provide rapidly assistances to citizens in emergency cases. However, these efforts need convenient coordination and cooperation between many of governmental bodies to fulfill their goals, which are divided into specific tasks for each one of these bodies to do. My question is, which is the govermental body in USA that is responsible of emergancy management?
    Last edited by amar20007; 04-27-2011, 09:45 AM.

don't know
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by amar20007 View Post
      The Civil defense in Saudi Arabia is the one of the governmental bodies that is intended to provide rapidly assistances to citizens in emergency cases. However, these efforts need convenient coordination and cooperation between many of governmental bodies to fulfill their goals, which are divided into specific tasks for each one of these bodies to do. My question is, which is the govermental body in USA that is responsible of emergancy management?
      Emergency management is done at the local, county, state and federal levels.
      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by amar20007 View Post
        FEMA, AKA Federal Emergency Management Agency is our federal level.

States have their EMA offices, as well as counties, towns, etc

When most state Emergency Operations Centers are activated, they include reps from all state agencies, as well as external groups.

Comment

Gentlemen, based on the OP's origins, I strongly caution everyone against answering any further questions.
          "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Because he is from Saudi Arabia? Really?
            ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
              Gentlemen, based on the OP's origins, I strongly caution everyone against answering any further questions.
              Yeah, he might have to go look on FEMA's web page to get the same information.....

Really?

I have to think that if he really were up to no good he would have,

a. A better source than here.

b. Sense enough not to claim to be from another country.

c. Pick a country that is not an ally.

Comment

better not tell him about google, he'll kill us all.
                ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Originally posted by tajm611 View Post
                  better not tell him about google, he'll kill us all.
                  Had to say it didn't you. Time to head to the shelter now that you let it out.

Comment

THATS WHAT SHE SAID
                    capslock

Comment

I certainly understand that there are many other sources for him to find information from, but why make it easy?? Besides, if he was dumb enough to come on here and ask a question that any Junior Probationary Explorer Terrorist would already know the answer too, there's no telling what he might ask. Just sayin'
                      "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Because to anyone not an active member of this forum, it may appear that its an actual source of information.

Comment

Fire49
                          DeputyChiefGonzo
                          LVFD301

Thank you for your rapid answer and for your attention.
                          I understand from your answers, that a commander, who work in American fire services, focuses his interests on one task and there are other commanders have tasks to supervise in emergency cases. Whereas, Saudi Civil Defense Officers have two tasks in the same time because they deal with regular fire incidents and prepare contingencies plans for disaster cases!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
                            I certainly understand that there are many other sources for him to find information from, but why make it easy??
                            BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE (read: almost no one) WHO LIVES IN THE MIDDLE EAST OR IS A FOLLOWER OF ISLAM IS A TERRORIST!

Jesus freaking christ...and people wonder why Americans are viewed as so ignorant...

Comment

Just proves the fact that dinosaurs have a brain the size of a walnut !

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X