No announcement yet.

FYI Poss Tornado in Bossier Parish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on bro, don't you know where you are?
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Originally posted by tajm611 View Post
      Come on bro, don't you know where you are?
      LOL. True. It was just so quick. Like "28 Days" quick.

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
        At our place, Career and volunteer staff are treated equally. Vollies are expected to empty the trash, clean the bathrooms, wash the rigs, do maintenance, and admin duties alongside the career staff.

I bet it would kill you to have to tell one of your precious volunteers to pick up a toilet brush and clean the schitters.
        If the volunteers are hanging out at the station in the morning, they are expected to help with chores.

If the on-duty crew is assigned to paint hydrants, test hydrants, test hose, test pumps or any other maintainence or testing task, and a volunteer member planning on hanging around the station for the day, they are expected to help.

We have many volunteers that do help out the paid staff with these tasks on a regular basis.

The difference is this is the paid staffs primary function and they are responsible for getting it done. Volunteers can help, and are required to help if they are at the station, but it's not a requirement they show up for it.
        Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

nmfire,
          Sorry just had to do it. lol
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by d_holder86 View Post
            nmfire,
            Sorry just had to do it. lol
            There is no need to apologize...
            ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

While LABobby posts of a "possible tornado"and is jumping up and down like a child looking for attention... entire communities in Alabama, Tennessee and Mississippi have been literally wiped off the map.

My thoughts go out to the victims and our brother and sister call, volunteer and career firefighters who are dealing with Mother Nature's onslaught.
              ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
              Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
                While LABobby posts of a "possible tornado"and is jumping up and down like a child looking for attention... entire communities in Alabama, Tennessee and Mississippi have been literally wiped off the map.

My thoughts go out to the victims and our brother and sister call, volunteer and career firefighters who are dealing with Mother Nature's onslaught.
                Not that I disagree, but a point of fact that LA isn't the OP.
                So you call this your free country
                Tell me why it costs so much to live
                -3dd

Comment

Originally posted by voyager9 View Post
                  Yes, but why let facts get in the way of someones chance to bust on LA.
                  "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bones42
                    I forgot where I am.. sorry.
                    -3dd

Comment

Yeah....

I can admit when I am wrong.

WHEN OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS....
                      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

WHEN OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS....
                        There's usually a bag of flaming poo on my doorstep.
                        -3dd

Comment

There's usually a bag of flaming poo on my doorstep.
                          Don't step on it.
                          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Don't step on it.
                            I commented in this thread.. isn't that essentially the same thing?
                            -3dd

Comment

Check the bottom of your shoes....
                              Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

I thought I smelled something!
                                Stay Safe
                                Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
                                - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
                                -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X