Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Older Minotor 2, 3 and 4 pagers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Older Minotor 2, 3 and 4 pagers

    We have several older Minitor pagers and since they are not narrow band compatible I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any value to them? Maybe a company that will take them trade for the Minitor Fives

  • #2
    Originally posted by JSMV72 View Post
    We have several older Minitor pagers and since they are not narrow band compatible I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any value to them? Maybe a company that will take them trade for the Minitor Fives
    They'll still work once the paging transmitter is switched to narrowband, but they might not have quite the range they had before. If you already have very good paging coverage, you may not notice much difference at all. I'd hang on to them until you try them on your narrowband system, they might be just fine.

    Andy

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Pelican631 View Post
      They'll still work once the paging transmitter is switched to narrowband, but they might not have quite the range they had before. If you already have very good paging coverage, you may not notice much difference at all. I'd hang on to them until you try them on your narrowband system, they might be just fine.

      Andy
      Thanks for the r4eply. I was going off what one of the guys that is helping get the bugs out of the system had told me. I tried one of the Minotor 4 last weekend to see what I would here on it. It was fully charged and when Comm Center did our test page nothing came across it. I know our newer pagers have had some programing updates done so maybe this may be the reason, maybethe older units need an update?/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JSMV72 View Post
        Thanks for the r4eply. I was going off what one of the guys that is helping get the bugs out of the system had told me. I tried one of the Minotor 4 last weekend to see what I would here on it. It was fully charged and when Comm Center did our test page nothing came across it. I know our newer pagers have had some programing updates done so maybe this may be the reason, maybethe older units need an update?/
        They may have switched tones or frequencies when they went to narrowband. If that's the case, you may be able to program the Minitor 4 onto the new frequency or tone pair, maybe not.

        Andy

        Comment


        • #5
          If you're trying to get the bugs out of a new system, odds are real good you may be on a new paging frequency. If your system is simply being changed over to narrowband, you probably should have gotten the page, as Pelican points out.

          Ask your contact what frequency your system used for paging before, and what it is using with the new system. If they're in different bands, your current pagers are useless to you.

          Any scanner enthusiast in your department may know as well.
          Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

          Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

          Comment

          300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

          Collapse

          Upper 300x250

          Collapse

          Taboola

          Collapse

          Leader

          Collapse
          Working...
          X