Fire computer programs for reporting calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire computer programs for reporting calls

My county OEM director ask me about differant computer programs that we could get for the fire departments that will handle incident reports, NFITS, and other such related programs. He wanted to know which were the most user friendly, maybe geared toward rural fire departments, and low cost. The county can't afford a program that cost $20,000 and $1,000 per fire department to use. Could anyone point me in the direction on information or on previous posts.
    Last edited by volfireman034; 04-21-2011, 02:19 PM. Reason: comment

Originally posted by volfireman034 View Post
    My county OEM director ask me about differant computer programs that we could get for the fire departments that will handle incident reports, NFITS, and other such related programs. He wanted to know which were the most user friendly, maybe geared toward rural fire departments, and low cost. The county can't afford a program that cost $20,000 and $1,000 per fire department to use. Could anyone point me in the direction on information or on previous posts.
    We use Fire Programs to manage run reports, training reports, hydrant tests, fleet maintainence documentation, pump tests and other admin tasks. While it has it's negatives, overall it works for us.

Can't tell ya much about the cost though.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 04-22-2011, 09:43 AM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Are you talking about the license cost per computer? We have used FireManager, and I think the license was about $500 per desktop, and the mobile version was $200 per toughbook. I could be off, its been a while since the purchase. Here is the link
      Fire Service Interview questions - The blog that has REAL interview questions for firefighters, Engineers, Lieutenants, and Captains !

Comment

The Oregon State Fire Marshal's office bought into a program called Firebridge by ImageTrend. All depts in Oregon may use it for free. Maybe there is something out there like that for you?
        IACOJ
        Stopping controlled burning DOES NOT stop the burning, only the control!
        http://www.wy.blm.gov/fireuse/fums.htm

Comment

Image Trend makes a good product for the price. It's web based so you can access it from any computer with an internet connection. If you choose to use their mobile software, you buy it once and can put it on as many computers as you want.

It is especially affordable for small agencies since they charge per call instead of a fixed maintenance fee. Since we only answer 250 calls a year we pay much less than the yearly maintenance fee of the only other software we liked more.

If money is no object, check out High Plains. They were the option we liked more, but were much more expensive. They are local to Denver, CO so many departments around here use it and like it.

Originally posted by RxFire View Post
          The Oregon State Fire Marshal's office bought into a program called Firebridge by ImageTrend. All depts in Oregon may use it for free. Maybe there is something out there like that for you?

Comment

Fire Station Software offers an affordable and easy to use program that tracks everything in your fire department. Apparatus Checks, Hoses, Hydrants, Ladders, Incident Reporting (NFIRS 5.0!), SCBAs, Inventory, Personnel, Training, and Expiration Dates. Get it all for under $1,000!

Check out the demo at www.firestationsoftware.com

Comment

While not a fan of the "promotion" you are doing here...I can vouch for your software. It does work well.
              "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Stay away from anything called VisionFire, VisionRMS, etc. Been a disaster since day one, and going on 6 years trying to get it to work right.

Comment

Check out http://emergencyreporting.com/.

The fee is based on the number of stations I believe, we pay about $1200/year if I remember right. The program is web based so you can log in from home to complete reports. We are a rural volunteer department and it works well for us and seems to be catching on with other departments around us.

In addition to NFIRS reporting you can use Emergency Reporting to track assigned equipment, equipment/vehicle maintenance, training, hydrants and buildings, consumable inventory, scheduling, and run reports on any data that is put into the system (response time, call type, personnel participation, just about ANYTHING).

I would definitely recommend it.

Comment

Check out this link:

http://www.nfirs.fema.gov/index.shtm

This is what we used until our state started offering the Firebridge program. It's easy to use, automatically sends your reports, and best of all it's FREE. It's web-based so you can access it from anywhere you have internet access (even smartphones, I checked it out on mine). It is very basic though, other than reports you can't do very much.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X