Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SCBA Design

Hi,

My name is Rosie. I am a student studying Product Design and Manufacutring Engineering at the University of Nottingham, England. I am currently working on my final year industrial design project and am collaborating with Drager Safety UK Ltd to develop a new SCBA for the US Fire and Rescue Services.

I have joined this forum to gain an insight into the lives of real heroes in the emergency services and to demands you have for the equiment you use. I have a short 8-questions survey online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QNG7P6J to gather some anonymous information to help get me started with my project - I would be really grateful if you have 5 minutes if you could take the time to complete it!

If you have any questions about my project I would love for you to get in touch with any questions!

Thanks
    Rosie
    x

Survey completed. Good Luck with your project & your studies.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Comment

Another one done. Good luck.

Comment

There you go Mam, I'm finished!
        Stay Safe
        Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
        - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
        -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

Done, and good luck!

Comment

All done, good luck with the project.
            Career Fire Captain
            Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Done. Good luck!

Comment

Hope its beneficial, gl.
                Fire Service Interview questions - The blog that has REAL interview questions for firefighters, Engineers, Lieutenants, and Captains !

Comment

Done. Good luck.
                  "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

Me too.......

Comment

Survey completed, good luck!
                      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Survey Done.
                        Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

Comment

Rosie: Completed the survey. You might want to contact Pittsburgh, Pa Bureau of Fire. The department in co-operation with their IAFF union just completed an in-depth study of MSA, Survivair & Scott where many (more than 30) firefighters wore each type of pack for 30 days and then completed an in depth report of likes and dislikes. The ratings were used to determine the type of BA that will replace the current equipment.

Comment

Can't wait to hear about the final product

Comment

done and done good luck

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader