Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mlaf911
    replied
    Departement issue a Cairns 660, would love to have leather.

Leave a comment:

• RyanEMVFD
    replied
    I have an old Paul Conway Traditional that I bought years ago. Little dirty and beat up but still works great. It's only been used twice in the last five years since I retired. Once for when my parents' house burned down and then this year when my house caught on fire.

Leave a comment:

• AbduNur
    replied
    At one of my departments, I am line firefighter and I wear a leather Sam Houston. My only issue is that it sits a little high on my head, but other than that I love it.

At my other department, I am a line lieutenant and we are issued Ben Franklin II's and other than not being leather, it is simply great.

I took out the ratchet system and the ear flaps from both helmets and I also attached bourkes on both helmets and I have no problems. The bourkes are smoked out and even melted a little. I'll probably end up replacing both sets of bourkes this year.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by lopsarong View Post
    me too I used that helmet in duty because it's advisable for us..

Do what??

Leave a comment:

• lopsarong
    replied
    me too I used that helmet in duty because it's advisable for us..

Leave a comment:

• DWoodard
    replied
    Cairns 664 w/defender goggle system, and a Phenix 1500.

Last edited by DWoodard; 05-24-2011, 04:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fieldseng2
    replied
    I wear a fire helmet!

Leave a comment:

• v0lcomjake
    replied
    We wear the Cairns 1044, department issued:

http://www.slaglefire.com/Cairns%201044.jpg

Leave a comment:

• FireInTheShire
    replied
    Originally posted by nfd592 View Post
    I wear a Cairns leather, I think it's a Sam Houston without the shield. Anyway, when I got my first leather in the late 70's, that helmet was awesome! When it got broken in, it was like wearing your favorite baseball cap. This one seems like it took about a year for it to fit properly. The picture on the side is me when my lid was new.
    what picture??

Leave a comment:

• nfd592
    replied
    I wear a Cairns leather, I think it's a Sam Houston without the shield. Anyway, when I got my first leather in the late 70's, that helmet was awesome! When it got broken in, it was like wearing your favorite baseball cap. This one seems like it took about a year for it to fit properly. The picture on the side is me when my lid was new.

Leave a comment:

• Frmboybuck
    replied
    Originally posted by ffscm72 View Post
    Not much of a leather myself. I think they get a lil' heavy on the ole coconut (IMHO). I prefer my 1010 w/ defender visor.
    The Phenix TL-2 is lighter(by a long shot) than the 1010

Leave a comment:

• ffscm72
    replied
    Not much of a leather myself. I think they get a lil' heavy on the ole coconut (IMHO). I prefer my 1010 w/ defender visor.

Leave a comment:

• woodson131
    replied
    Department issued Cairns 660C Metro

Leave a comment:

• w7gmc
    replied
    Our department has been using the Bullard UST series and have held up very well in the heat and abuse of the fire service. Cairns might be nicer....but its double the cost of a Bullard and on a limited budget, its the most bang for the buck.

Leave a comment:

• Theusje
    replied
    A Dräger

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader