No announcement yet.

What helmet do you wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1044, have both a black and red one. Would love to be wearing leather but not in the $$ yet.

Comment

Originally posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
      LA - why do you use the term gig? It sounds like a chessy lime green leisure suit wearing half @ssed comedian. Do you not consider your paying "gig" a job? On your volunteer "gig" , do you not always try your best ? I remember when I was 15 and got my first real paying JOB. I was proud to be part of the work force and felt like I was on my way to becoming a man. I always thought that a mans JOB and the work ethic he showed in doing it , was a lage factor in the measure of a man. Dang --------------------I guess I just answered my own question ----------------- carry on
      I have always used the term "gig". Maybe I'm just a wanna be child of the 60's. And besides, I used to own a lime green leisure suit - and man, I looked far out in it.

I take great pride in what I do at both my career and vollie gig, by the way.
      Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

LA -- I really hope you take pride in your JOB - both paid and un paid - still the term gig -to me means something temporary you stumbled on to , to make a little "scratch" (hows that for a 60s term?) untill something else pops up. I guess just me , but it (the term gig) is not the same a your JOB. And have you not lived in LA long enough to learn that a gig has three prongs and is used in the swamp ?
        ?

Comment

Oh - and I wear a Paul Conway leather - 2nd one I have owned - the quality seeemed to have slipped between the first one (1999 or so) and the present one (2008)
          ?

Comment

LA -- but it (the term gig) is not the same a your JOB.
            Sometimes I play a gig with my band and we get paid, so I guess it can be a job...

Comment

LA -- I really hope you take pride in your JOB - both paid and un paid - still the term gig -to me means something temporary you stumbled on to , to make a little "scratch" (hows that for a 60s term?) untill something else pops up. I guess just me , but it (the term gig) is not the same a your JOB. And have you not lived in LA long enough to learn that a gig has three prongs and is used in the swamp ?
              I don't live in da swamps of LA - We're up here in da mountains at a whooping 181 ft above sea level. We're in timber country!

I guess to me gig and job are interchangable. That's OK, as I still listen to the grateful dead, Jefferson Airplane, Cream, Moot the Hoople, Uriah Heep and the Paul Butterfield Blues Band.
              Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

But ill betcha , even in the piney woods , there are some folks that still frog gig.
                ?

Comment

I wear a Cairns 880.

Love it!
                  Cognition before Ignition

Comment

black Cairns 880 tradition with bourkes, best helmet i've ever had!

Stay safe,
                    Nick.

Comment

Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
                      I don't live in da swamps of LA - We're up here in da mountains at a whooping 181 ft above sea level. We're in timber country!

I guess to me gig and job are interchangable. That's OK, as I still listen to the grateful dead, Jefferson Airplane, Cream, Moot the Hoople, Uriah Heep and the Paul Butterfield Blues Band.
                      At least you have good taste in rock...
                      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

I wear a 1970's Cairns 5A. Best year for leather. However I just got my hands on a new G5A and am quite impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by NY911Bowhunter View Post
                          One thing that DOES **** me off is that the Ben 2 has NO IMPACT CAP...why can I wear that, and it is NFPA rated, but not a 5a with no impact cap!?

I am sure it is the construction/materials, but still...
                          The Ben II Shell itself meets the NFPA standards so no impact cap is needed. No leather shell on the market can meet the penetration and impact standard on it's own.

Comment

Paul Conway American Heritage. Great helmet; I've worn it around 12 years nows and never had a problem.

Comment

Cairns 1010.......Love It

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
                                At least you have good taste in rock...
                                He does???

Department issues the 1010. Nice helmet but ungodly uncomfortable. Now I wear a Phenix TL-2 and love it
                                Buck
                                Assistant Chief/EMT-B

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...