• Show
Clear All

• hwoods
    replied
    Uh Huh.........

Originally posted by Daped01 View Post
    Trucks that need to ripen
    Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.......

BTW, Sharp Tanker in your avatar...... can you post a full view of it??

Leave a comment:

• Daped01
    replied
    Trucks that need to ripen

Leave a comment:

• voyager9
    replied
    Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Others are "school bus", "public works", "dump truck", "streets department," "tree crew", etc.......
    Don't forget "Oscar Mayer"

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Originally posted by hwoods View Post
    AND, there's a lot to be said for an outfit that runs Yellow Apparatus with Black Tops...........
    yes....."vomit", "puke," "gag," "barf," "wretch", and "groan" are just a few of the words that come to mind.

Others are "school bus", "public works", "dump truck", "streets department," "tree crew", etc.......

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    My VFD also mocved into our new station last month.

The building has been there for almost 6 years but there turned out to be no money to complete the interior when it was built. It was a shell with bay space for pieces and just an open space where the interior was supposed to be including no bathrooms.

Si finally almost the entire officer staff threatened to quit unless the Board agreed to take out a loan and use some of the money in the reserve fund the build out the interior.

We now have 3 offices compared to 1 at our old Central Station, a training room capable of sitting 30-35 v. 10-12 with 2 projection screens and an actual real kitchen compare to a combination bathroom/storage room/microwave room.

There were plans to leave the second story unfinished for expansion later, but unfortunately the height of the ceiling truss system has made the overall height of the 2nd floor suitable for storage only.

It's not fancy at all, but it's a lot more space and will allow us to grow.

Leave a comment:

• dmleblanc
    replied
    Originally posted by Skojo View Post
    Nice looking pics, Chief - thanks for sharing. How wide are the bay doors? 12ft? 14ft? Also, what's the total square footage?

Skojo
    The square footage under roof is around 5,000 square feet, plus I guess around 1,000-1,500 sq. feet upstairs. The bay doors are 12' wide...we wanted 14' but since they had to be wind rated to I think around 120 mph, the increase in price from 12' to 14' was astronomical. That's also why we have the rolling style doors instead of the more common panel-style overhead doors....wind rating.

Leave a comment:

• BULL321
    replied
    Chief it all looks great. I know you all are very proud. I have to agree with Harve, on top of a nice building, I love the Yellow fire trucks!

Leave a comment:

• Skojo
    replied
    Nice looking pics, Chief - thanks for sharing. How wide are the bay doors? 12ft? 14ft? Also, what's the total square footage?

Skojo

Leave a comment:

• dmleblanc
    replied
    Thanks, everybody! We're just really excited to be in finally!

Harve, we've been in a little over two weeks and had two new applicants already...I hope it continues!

The floor has an epoxy coating...I don't recall the brand or the color code, something our engineer picked out for us (he selected the product, we just picked the color). It looks great when it's clean, but it's hard to keep clean because every dusty footprint shows up. Hopefully that will get better when all the grass grows in and we have more of a lawn and less of a construction site It's been hard to keep from tracking all the dirt in.

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    If a get the bid for a NFA Juvenile Firesetting Intervention class down in Houma in late May, I'll have to stop by and take a look.

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Wow........

Outstanding Job Chief!, Congratulations.........

On a side note, When we moved into our new station, one thing that happened to us, unexpected, was a sudden surge in new member applications..... AND, there's a lot to be said for an outfit that runs Yellow Apparatus with Black Tops...........

Leave a comment:

• FF715MRFD
    replied
    Beautiful looking station! Wish ours was half as nice as that!

Leave a comment:

• BSFD9302
    replied
    Great looking station. Congrats, looks like you guys put some serious thought into what you wanted and needed.

To the bay floor, it is great you were able to do the floor when you built the station. We couldn't coat our floor because we did not have enough money. It is a great thing to do. It gives you very easy cleanup. We are getting ready to do our floor now but it obviously is going to take more work.

Is that Shield Crete on there? If so what is the color/color code you picked?

Leave a comment:

• GTRider245
    replied
    That is awesome! I love that bay floor. Is it polished concrete? I feel your pain on the working out of bugs with the contractor. We officially went operational in September and we still have a punch list waiting!

Leave a comment:

• DeputyChiefGonzo
    replied
    Dwayne... isn't it nice when a dream becomes a reality?

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X