No announcement yet.

New Fire Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to get pic to work...it's at 1801 Laurel St., Station 1...Built in 1926...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dmleblanc; 05-22-2011, 07:55 PM.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Originally posted by dmleblanc View Post
      Engine in the front, ambulance in the rear,
      So it's the firehouse equivalent of a mullet?
      So you call this your free country
      Tell me why it costs so much to live
      -3dd

Comment

Originally posted by voyager9 View Post
        That's funny right there....
        Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
        Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
        — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Originally posted by voyager9 View Post
          That is GREAT!
          ------------------------------------
          These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
          ------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by dmleblanc View Post
            Trying to get pic to work...it's at 1801 Laurel St., Station 1...Built in 1926...
            Hey thats a great looking house but it looks like there is a problem with the truck inside....is that like a nose or something??
            "It's a living thing brian..."

Comment

And...........

Glad to hear things are moving along.........
              Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
              In memory of
              Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
              Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Good luck on the building of your new station! I'd love to get our company to where we could build one. We have troubles everywhere with our current station! (Bay not big enough, Driveway is cracked like crazy, No drainage) Just improper building!

Keep us updated!
                Firefighter 1/ PA EMT-B

Comment

I'm happy for you..Congratulations! buddy.. At last, the long wait is finally over.. That's great..
                  Lifecoaching | Varmepumper | Rygestop

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
                    Thos guys didn't even slow down at that green traffic light!

MANIACS
                    OMG!!

They are riding tailboard and not wearing seatbelts either!!
                    Jason Knecht
                    Firefighter/EMT
                    Township Fire Dept., Inc.
                    Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
                    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
                    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

Congrats on the new house. Can't wait to see the finished product
                      "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the lack of fear." Mark Twain
                      "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Uknown

Comment

Forming up for the slab, should be pouring concrete in a couple of weeks...
                        Attached Files
                        Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                        Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

great to hear!
                          Firefighting - one of the few professions left that still makes house calls.

Comment

Good work chief! I might have to give you a shout and check it out when I head to the track this fall/winter
                            ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Well, I know I haven't posted any updates on the status of our station project for quite awhile. There's a very good reason for that, which is, there had not been any progress. The last photos I posted with just the concrete forms in place was about as far as we got. Shortly after those pics were taken (and before the concrete was poured), the project sort of imploded and ground to a screeching halt.

We ran into some problems with the contractor, the details of which I won't discuss here because there is possible (probable) litigation pending. The job site has been growing up in weeds since June while we disentagled ourselves from the original contract and advertised for a new bidder. Many lessons learned and months later, we have a new contractor and resumed construction this week.

Beginning at 0400 this morning, concrete has finally been poured at the site, including the main building slab, parking lot, and one of the driveways. The front apron will be poured at a later date. The new contractor is wasting no time and the project has taken off at an amazing pace. I hope it keeps up
                              Attached Files
                              Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                              Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Don't you just love people you put trust in and than they let you down

Good to hear that the project is moving forward
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X