New Fire Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastKyFF
    Don't keep us in suspense. Got a floor plan you can post?
    Yah, what my esteemed colleague said. T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
      Thos guys didn't even slow down at that green traffic light!

MANIACS
      ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
      "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

OK, as requested, here's the floor plan....kinda small and blurry but it's the best I could manage for now. Engine bays on the left, meeting room/kitchen and offices on the right. That's just the downstairs, there's an upstairs with locker rooms and open space for future bunkrooms, etc...
        Attached Files
        Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
        Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
        Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
        — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
          Here's what we had when I came on board, sort of.........
          Harve, I don't know if that's a testament to how far your department has come, or how old you are

Seriously, that's a cool old station and some classic equipment...what a great picture!
          Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
          Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
          — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Originally posted by ffmedcbk1 View Post
            dmleblanc, 0232 in the morning....... long night, uh?

Yeah, I'm a shiftworker, that was posted on the night shift....
            Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
            Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

very cool! congrats on the new station and good luck with getting it up to steam. what kind of coverage area will you have? any idea on what kind of equipment you'll have?

Comment

Originally posted by RollerDJ View Post
                very cool! congrats on the new station and good luck with getting it up to steam. what kind of coverage area will you have? any idea on what kind of equipment you'll have?
                Well, this is not an expansion station, it's actually our new main station...the apparatus currently housed at Station 1 will be moved to this station (only a couple hundred yards away) and the old station will be decommissioned. Our '96 Ferrara engine, '00 LaFrance engine, and '05 rescue/service truck will operate from this station.
                Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Originally posted by dmleblanc View Post
                  Well, this is not an expansion station, it's actually our new main station...the apparatus currently housed at Station 1 will be moved to this station (only a couple hundred yards away) and the old station will be decommissioned. Our '96 Ferrara engine, '00 LaFrance engine, and '05 rescue/service truck will operate from this station.
                  well, this should make it a little easyer to get going in the new station. if you had to start everything new from scratch it would deffently add to the stress level.

Comment

Originally posted by RollerDJ View Post
                    well, this should make it a little easyer to get going in the new station. if you had to start everything new from scratch it would deffently add to the stress level.
                    Yeah, you definitely got that right! Although we will probably be speccing out a new engine this year that will housed at this station, but we won't move forward on that until we get the station project over and done. We still have a 1970 Darley engine in service at one of our substations that needs to be retired.
                    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                    Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Originally posted by dmleblanc View Post
                      Yeah, you definitely got that right! Although we will probably be speccing out a new engine this year that will housed at this station, but we won't move forward on that until we get the station project over and done. We still have a 1970 Darley engine in service at one of our substations that needs to be retired.
                      got any pic's?

i'd say, 40 years is quite a while for a engine to be in service.

Comment

Groundbreaking!

Well, our station project is (finally) officially underway! A groundbreaking ceremony was held on Friday, May 13th (you know we would have to kick off the project on Friday the 13th ). Various local and State officials were in attendance including Louisiana State Fire Marshal Butch Browning, Louisiana State Firemen's Association president Ken Pitre, and state representative Karen St. Germain.

As of this Friday (May 20th) we're still waiting to see some work you could actually call construction. The surveyers were out early this week shooting grades and marking the property lines...there's some stakes in the ground and the guys doing the dirt work came out and looked over the jobsite, but that's about as far as we got this week. Hope to see some actual equipment arriving on site this week...

Sorry about the picture quality, I got them off of Facebook
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by dmleblanc; 05-22-2011, 05:09 AM.
                        Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                        Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Congrats! Sounds like you guys needed an upgrade!
                          ------------------------------------
                          These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                          ------------------------------------

Comment

Sorry to take this off topic but I enjoyed the old firehouse pic and I know there's quite a few of us that like the nostalgia. Here's a shot of the house I'm sitting in as I type this. Hope it stays in service another few years....

Comment

This station is also still in service on our city's north side. The other of 2 100+ year old stations we have.

Comment

Originally posted by LockedWings View Post
                                Sorry to take this off topic but I enjoyed the old firehouse pic and I know there's quite a few of us that like the nostalgia. Here's a shot of the house I'm sitting in as I type this. Hope it stays in service another few years....

That's a cool old station, doesn't even look like a firehouse. Reminds me of one in Baton Rouge that I worked out of one night when I was doing my EMT ride time...Engine in the front, ambulance in the rear, looked like a private residence.
                                Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                                Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X