• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    CaptOldTimer
    Forum Member

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by spark949 View Post
    Here in CT there is a presumptive heart and hypertension bill that applies to all hires before 93-94???.
    One of our retirees, who was diagnosed with hypertension and even had an angioplasty, retired normally. (with years), and 1 year later died of a heart attack (cause of death listed on certificate).His H&H was accepted by Worker's Comp.

Now the way our pension is set up, when a retiree dies, his widow gets half his pension. If this person had retired with a WC accepted H&H disability and passed with a heart attack, his widow would have not had the pension cut in half.

Someone the other day brought up that since he had a H&H history, he should be covered under the H&H laws and his widow show have his full pension.
    I'm on the pension board and need to research this before I bring it up to Corporate Council and the other Board members. This would potentially effect every retiree and every future retiree with an H&H accepted claim. Any insight here?

Get your Local involved, that is one thing they are there for.

See the Local's lawyer as well, to seek this information too.

Leave a comment:

• spark949
    Forum Member

• spark949
    started a topic Can the Heart bill be applied here?

Can the Heart bill be applied here?

Here in CT there is a presumptive heart and hypertension bill that applies to all hires before 93-94???.
    One of our retirees, who was diagnosed with hypertension and even had an angioplasty, retired normally. (with years), and 1 year later died of a heart attack (cause of death listed on certificate).His H&H was accepted by Worker's Comp.

Now the way our pension is set up, when a retiree dies, his widow gets half his pension. If this person had retired with a WC accepted H&H disability and passed with a heart attack, his widow would have not had the pension cut in half.

Someone the other day brought up that since he had a H&H history, he should be covered under the H&H laws and his widow show have his full pension.
    I'm on the pension board and need to research this before I bring it up to Corporate Council and the other Board members. This would potentially effect every retiree and every future retiree with an H&H accepted claim. Any insight here?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X