• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hwoods
    replied
    Hey Sno???..........

Originally posted by snowball View Post
    We work eight ours every fifth day then every third day we work nineteen hours and thirty minutes. Every third Tuesday of the month we work twenty hours if that tuesday falls on a Thursday. Then we work nine hours on the twenty eighth day of the third month if it ends in a y, except if the twenty seventh day is a satirday, then we only have to work eight hours. On payday which is every fifty third hour, we work six and three quarter hours with the other one and one quarter hours being overtime unless there is a relief guy who hasn't worked his full tour, then he gets one half of his third of the overtime.

I hope this helps.
    If a Tweedle Day falls on what would normally be a Farfel for that platoon, do you get Straight Time or Overtime??........ We get Straight for the Hours worked plus Comp Time at 50%...........

Leave a comment:

• moved2ski
    replied
    shift

24 on 24 off every other day for 3 , then 4 days off.,
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday, off 4 days.
    Wednesday, Friday, Sunday,off 4 days
    Friday Sunday Tuesday, off 4 days.

lather , rinse, repeate.
    that is 56 hours per week avrage with 53 hours normal pay and 3 hours of scheduled overtime pay.

We often work 24 hours of overtime on our 4 days off to cover for some one sick or on vacation.

the department next to us works everother day for 5 days, then off 6.

I once worked everyother day for 7 then off for 8, but I only know of one major city that does that.

Leave a comment:

• bwprintworks
    replied
    We are on a 48/96 (2 days on 4 days off)

Here are few other 24 hr variations (X is on-duty and O is off-duty):

1/2 - XOOXOOXOO
    2/8 - XXOOXXOOXXOOOOOOOO
    3/4 - XOXOXOOOO
    4/6 - XOXOXOXOOOOXOXOXOXOOOOOO
    5/6 - XOXOXOXOXOOOOOO
    Kelly (LA County) - XOXOOXOXOOOO

Leave a comment:

• RollerDJ
    replied
    the station i'm with is 24 on, 48 off. the guys pretty much stay with the same 3 man crew with the excetion of the volunteer guys that hang out on station.

Leave a comment:

• larry302
    replied
    3 10 hour days, 2 off, 3 14 hour nights 4 off . Thats a 42 hour week which through "cycle time" is brought down to a 40 hour week. I would like to go to 24 on 72 off though.

Four "groups" 168 hours in a week each group works 42 hours. Hint group 3 is the best one ...

Work with the same guys each time.

Leave a comment:

• FIREMECH1
    replied
    Our guys are 24 on/24 off, for 9 days. Actually work days are 5 per set, then 6 days off, then repeat.

95% of the time you work with the same crews. Some change stations/rigs through a bidding process every quarter. Some stay, some change.

FM1

Leave a comment:

• powerhourcoug
    replied
    4 Platoon:

On
    Off
    On
    5 days off

12 debits per year. I usually schedule them on my tweener day, so I can work a 72 and keep my 5 days.

Leave a comment:

• TVFR9923
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexianna View Post
    Thank you guys, that is all very helpful. I have been snooping on the career ff's section of the forum. I have never heard of Kelly Days before. What exactly are they?
    Here is some info on Kelley Day.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/ab...Av2kDTZPQ.cspx

Leave a comment:

• BoxAlarm187
    replied
    Originally posted by johnny46 View Post
    Widdershins.
    Sweet, we're still basing our shift change on the Myan calendar. Fortunately, I'm going to be off for several decades after December 21, 2012.

Leave a comment:

• johnny46
    replied
    How do your shift patterns work?
    They follow each other.

Do you work 12 hour shifts?
    Concurrently, yes. We also work 24 one housr shifts.

How do the shifts rotate?
    Widdershins.

When do you work daytime and when night?
    We work daytime so long as the Sun is up. Once the Sun is down, we work nighttime until sunrise.

Do you always work with exactly the same crew?
    No.

Leave a comment:

• Alexianna
    replied
    Thank you guys, that is all very helpful. I have been snooping on the career ff's section of the forum. I have never heard of Kelly Days before. What exactly are they?

Leave a comment:

• BSFD184
    replied
    The department I work for is 24 on 48 off. Works well and is nice because I have my 48 off to work on the IT company I own.

Leave a comment:

• snowball
    replied
    We work eight ours every fifth day then every third day we work nineteen hours and thirty minutes. Every third Tuesday of the month we work twenty hours if that tuesday falls on a Thursday. Then we work nine hours on the twenty eighth day of the third month if it ends in a y, except if the twenty seventh day is a satirday, then we only have to work eight hours. On payday which is every fifty third hour, we work six and three quarter hours with the other one and one quarter hours being overtime unless there is a relief guy who hasn't worked his full tour, then he gets one half of his third of the overtime.

I hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• firefightinirish217
    replied
    Usually once in the morning, maybe one at lunch and then.......

Oh, wait, my bad. You said SHIFT patterns, I though you said **** patterns...... you see how they kinda look the same.

Both departments I've been with were 24on/48off. I like that schedule, but of course, I've never worked anything else to compare it to. The department I want to work at when I get out of the Marine COrps works a 24on/24off, 24on/48off, 24on/24off, 24on/96 off schedule. Sounds like a real sweet deal to me.

Leave a comment:

• fire49
    replied
    Suggest you visit s few fire stations and set down and talk to them

Ride along where you can

Go through a citizens fire academey

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola