Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for career firefighters regarding Radios

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by MVFD601 View Post
    Yeah matter of fact i did ffbam24, it's called early WARNING... Come to my state and listen to the dispatch frequency for a couple of days. You think that is "abuse" bet you can't count how many "open" mics over dispatch we have! (i'm not proud of it, i hate it) Grown men who have nothing better to do than key the repeater and playing dukes of hazard horn on Tac-3 Z1... Ever had those problems?
    If it is such a problem, then again, a reason not to have the radios carried all the time.

    Comment


    • #17
      LVFD301,
      You hold a valid point, Sir

      Comment


      • #18
        radio stays at home. If more Fireman are needed in case of catastrophe, then they're called on phone or a recall is given on t.v. which has only happened twice in 10 years.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by MVFD601 View Post
          and i can't stand whackers anymore than you can.
          If you can't stand whackers, how do you get along with yourself?
          "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

          Comment


          • #20
            Thanks HeightsFF,
            We have (a time or two) Done back-fill when the city fire department was tied up on a apartment complex fire. That's about the most severe fire incident where we were mutual aide. another one of those once in a blue moon situations (of course i haven't been on long though)

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
              If you can't stand whackers, how do you get along with yourself?
              FWDbuff,
              How does that answer the question that i asked?? Funny your quick to judge a person whom you've known of for 5 minutes...

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by MVFD601 View Post
                Good morning all,
                I have a quick question to ask Career (paid) firefighters. So, here it goes: Do you carry your portable radio with you when off duty? The deparment i volunteer for are on call all the time & we take our HT1250's with us along with one spare battery so we can keep up with dispatch. We also have minitor 2's (i know they are old but, they work great!) Now, that is with our volunteer department... Does your career deparment do the same? i have had many times where i spotted a wreck on the road, brush fires, heck i even spotted a lowering cloud base and called it in through our dispatcher. So having a radio seems like a good thing as long as it isn't abused. Thanks
                Originally posted by MVFD601 View Post
                FWDbuff,
                How does that answer the question that i asked?? Funny your quick to judge a person whom you've known of for 5 minutes...
                It only took about 35 seconds.
                "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

                Comment


                • #23
                  Wow, a record! Good job FWDbuff! Quickest to judge. haha

                  And you still didn't answer my question...
                  Last edited by MVFD601; 04-05-2011, 02:03 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by MVFD601 View Post
                    FWDbuff,
                    How does that answer the question that i asked?? Funny your quick to judge a person whom you've known of for 5 minutes...
                    Cody, what you don't understand, is most of the guys on here can sniff out a BS line at 100 yards through heavy smoke. And you keep handing out BS lines.

                    You sent me an email admitting much of what you said in the past was BS. Then you claimed you were on a department that does not seem to exist in the great state of Alabama. (nor in the Greater state of TN! GO VOLS!)

                    You quoted a frequency previously that does not come back to that department name, the initials of which you now use for your screen name. (Previous posts all change to that name when you change like that BTW)

                    So it is pretty easy to figure you out quickly.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Damn you can type fast LVFD301, lol
                      Why in the heck are you so obsessed with finding out what department, state, etc i am in? i don't get it...

                      P.S. GO Vols!... and are you off work today?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by MVFD601 View Post
                        Damn you can type fast LVFD301, lol
                        Why in the heck are you so obsessed with finding out what department, state, etc i am in? i don't get it...

                        P.S. GO Vols!... and are you off work today?
                        Cause I enjoy finding frauds, impersonators, and such. You fill the bill.

                        You stated you were wanting to go to the AFC when you graduate high school, judging from your other posts one can figure Alabama Fire College. Unless of course you play football. Well. Very well.

                        Am I off work today? Nope. Are you off your junior classes?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by MVFD601 View Post
                          Yeah matter of fact i did ffbam24, it's called early WARNING... Come to my state and listen to the dispatch frequency for a couple of days. You think that is "abuse" bet you can't count how many "open" mics over dispatch we have! (i'm not proud of it, i hate it) Grown men who have nothing better to do than key the repeater and playing dukes of hazard horn on Tac-3 Z1... Ever had those problems?
                          Nope,Automatic Unit Identifier. You will LOSE your radio real QUICK doing stuff like that HERE. T.C.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by MVFD601 View Post
                            Good morning all,
                            I have a quick question to ask Career (paid) firefighters. So, here it goes: Do you carry your portable radio with you when off duty? The deparment i volunteer for are on call all the time & we take our HT1250's with us along with one spare battery so we can keep up with dispatch. We also have minitor 2's (i know they are old but, they work great!) Now, that is with our volunteer department... Does your career deparment do the same? i have had many times where i spotted a wreck on the road, brush fires, heck i even spotted a lowering cloud base and called it in through our dispatcher. So having a radio seems like a good thing as long as it isn't abused. Thanks
                            I have two portables in my buggy. They STAY there unless I'm working the incident. For all other communications,we have Cell phones and Pagegate. If we go to anything over the initial desk box,the Boss's are automatically paged and off duty personnel recalled. It's JUST that easy. T.C.
                            Last edited by Rescue101; 04-05-2011, 02:36 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by MVFD601 View Post
                              Damn you can type fast LVFD301, lol
                              Why in the heck are you so obsessed with finding out what department, state, etc i am in? i don't get it...

                              P.S. GO Vols!... and are you off work today?
                              Obviously you haven't heard of crackberry/Iphone/etc. We can be WORKING and still track Boolschit. T.C.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                well my vollie department carries bendix kings but alot of us keep them off and just use the pager unless we come up on something such as an mva or brush fire but we also do alot of responding in pov up here to since alot of people are out of town.. i think sop is if you are 5 mins or more from station then respond to scene if closer just helps with an all vollie department and such since we have more then enough ppe on the trucks to outfit everyone... and since we started having residents at our main station it helps since we are able to have a truck out the door right as tones are dropping but no we dont call in sh*t like lowering cloud bases or any crap like that only ligitement emergency situations and such
                                We walk where the devil dances... FIR NA TINE

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X