When is the Thin Red Line acceptable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the Thin Red Line acceptable?

I recently got on with a mix paid/volunteer department and I would love to get a "Thin Red Line" license plate to put on the front of my vehicle. I'm just wondering if it would be appropriate or not. I'm a brand new volunteer firefighter but I'd like to make a career out of firefighting, so I'd hope that my front plate would be appropriate. At the same time, I don't want the people at the station to judge me for having a firefighting plate without being a paid firefighter.

Anyone have any input?

Patience..
    IAFF

Comment

Hey, good for you asking that question. The answer is to have some self-restraint. Five years from now, you'll be glad you didn't start out looking like a jackwagon. By that time, hopefully, you will have discarded the self-importance and vanity of a new firefighter.

Also, those people at the station have been judging you and will continue to do so for the rest of your service.

Sleep in fear
      I'm gonna call you "Monday"... and I hate Mondays.

Comment

Originally posted by snowball View Post
        Patience..
        Precisely.

Comment

Originally posted by 105 View Post
          Precisely.
          Ditto.....

Comment

What's a thin red line plate?
            I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
              Similar to the thin blue line for police.....although the thin red line is orig. from the military.....

Comment

I assume it's this: http://www.emergencystuff.com/300102.html

Basically "look out - firefighter coming through!!!!"

Comment

It amazes me how many people are willing to junk up their ride....
                  I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

It amazes me how many people are willing to junk up their ride....
                    I couldn't agree more
                    FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Comment

It's interesting - the old quote goes 'Those who can, do. Those that can't, teach.'

I think they have it wrong - from what I've seen, it's "Those who can, do. Those who can't, brag."

Almost without fail, people I've seen who are the the loudest about being firefighters are the ones who do the absolute damned least as a firefighter. And this applies to pretty much any other profession as well....

Hell, I've seen guys wear this frigging shirt around town: http://media.choiceshirts.com/images.../A6706C-lg.jpg

There is such a thing as quiet pride - and it's a helluva lot classier than wanking out your ride.

Comment

Our state requires an actual licence plate on the front of the car

I Normaly do not check the front plate on the cars behind me
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

The ******y ****** line.
                          Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

I like the "twenty items or less" line.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny46 View Post
                              The ******y ****** line.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkrPdt5kr4Y

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X