Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MDT's with Preplan software...What's the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDT's with Preplan software...What's the best?

For those departments who have MDT's, what software are you using for your preplans. Please include how fast it populates and your experience with the product. We use FIREHOUSE, but the occupancy tab seems clumsy. We are investigating alternative sources to accomplish our goal of clear and concise preplans that are readily accessible. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Tardif
    Deputy Chief
    East Hartford Fire

Chief, We have been working on a non-tradition pre-plan mobile mapping system for some years now. We were able to use the same software that the water department in our city uses. The software that they use is ERSI, look it up. Everything we have done has been free for the exception of the computers we have purchased to install in engines. However there are a couple of drawbacks. We are constantly updating the map with new information, it seems to be an ongoing thing. Every time I need to update I have to take my information to the water department and the CAD operator enter the info because they hold the license for the software. When all info is inputted then a new map is published and uploaded on all truck computers. the computers we use are anything from Toughbook CF-18's and a couple of CF-29. This software will work on any operating system. To date the system has turned out awesome. Our latest map has aerial photos layered in the map when viewing at a certain elevation. If you want to know more you can email me at [email protected].

Comment

Besiders the map function, how does it work for preplans? Just a single building and the ability to pull up preplan info? We have a similar need.
      Fire Service Interview questions - The blog that has REAL interview questions for firefighters, Engineers, Lieutenants, and Captains !

Comment

Fire ZOne

We just bought this program, been slowly playing with it, it takes time we have all info and just started entering into program, time will tell, but we have 150 business's we have to enter, so it will take a while, floor guys are doing them during free time here is the link check it out.
        http://www.cadzone.com/first-look-pro
        oh and we just got the new CF-31's and they are really fast compared to older CF-29's

Comment

One of the coolest things about ERSI is that you can hyperlink any kind of data you want. In our database we put all of our preplan data in PDF format along with any other information about the building. The building shows up as a highlighted area on the map, when clicked on it links any information that is on the building. Works very well. Like I said it's free to us!! We just have to gather the information.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X