Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agrogg1
    replied
    BennyT373, where at in WV are you? Mon county here.

Leave a comment:

• BennyT373
    replied
    Yeah, WV. Near all the ski resorts

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by BennyT373 View Post
    My hometown has BBT. Also, they used to use blue turnout as well... http://www.sutphen.com/imageuploads/...-photo-301.JPG
    WV right? Was through there and saw blue one day while coming south from Etam.

Leave a comment:

• BennyT373
    replied
    Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
    I would hate to have people that get that easily confused. Coordination and training and I will get both people AND BBT's on the scene.

Yeah, BBT. Here are pics of one of our new tankers during construction.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=ac59f50a3d

(You don't have to be on FB to look at the pictures)
    My hometown has BBT. Also, they used to use blue turnout as well... http://www.sutphen.com/imageuploads/...-photo-301.JPG

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Sarcasm is hard to detect without verbalization...
    Heck, I just thought it was an excuse to share the pictures of the new BBT!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BennyT373
    replied
    Sarcasm is hard to detect without verbalization...

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    If everyone is going POV... who's driving the BRT?
    I would hate to have people that get that easily confused. Coordination and training and I will get both people AND BBT's on the scene.

Yeah, BBT. Here are pics of one of our new tankers during construction.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=ac59f50a3d

(You don't have to be on FB to look at the pictures)

Leave a comment:

• GTRider245
    replied
    I know it is hard to believe, but in some far away places, folks still have to go POV to the station to get the BRT.

Leave a comment:

• BennyT373
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GTRider245
    replied
    Originally posted by admpaul View Post
    In WI it is up to the local police chief or sheriff to allow vehicles to have lights. I know certain people exceed the speed limit with red light and think there is nothing wrong. Well I'm sorry doing 70 in a 55 I have a problem with that. They still don't make a truck and stay at the station unless needed. I heard IL at one time let people use green lights does anyone know anything about that?
    I drive 70 in a 55 all the time around here just driving from place to place. No where in this state other than a 4 lane road will the speed limit be over 55.

Leave a comment:

• admpaul
    replied
    In WI it is up to the local police chief or sheriff to allow vehicles to have lights. I know certain people exceed the speed limit with red light and think there is nothing wrong. Well I'm sorry doing 70 in a 55 I have a problem with that. They still don't make a truck and stay at the station unless needed. I heard IL at one time let people use green lights does anyone know anything about that?

Leave a comment:

• volfireman034
    replied
    ChiefKN you prove my point very well. In well staff and smaller size fire districts ( meaning coverage area) red or blue lights can cause major problems. In rural areas like mine we are lucky to have 2-3 firefighters go the fire station and maybe another 2 or 3 go to the scene so theres not much chance for problems. Now how to make a law that benefits both side GOOD LUCK!

By the way ChiefKN what part of NJ is the nice part you are from? I grew up on LBI.
    Last edited by volfireman034; 03-28-2011, 04:22 PM. Reason: comment

Leave a comment:

• agrogg1
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Granted... but on a working fire call, my department will have between 20 and 40 members going to one location, the firehouse.

As these 30 people get closer to that one location, there is the opportunity that conflicts in right of way can occur.

Add a siren and a few intersections and it would be a disaster. There is no incident where that minor difference in time would create a problem.

As it is, we've had issues in the parking lot where guys were coming in from different directions and being careless with just their blue lights. You can cite "training" and "discipline" all you want, that's not going to correct all ills.

Standard disclaimer applies about one size not fitting all...
    I completely agree with this scenario--that's a disaster waiting to happen, and that's a great response from your members by the way! However, we are usually working with +/- 12 personnel from two departments for a structure fire. For extremely rural departments, I support red lights. For cities/urbs, I feel it's a whole different approach and can see the potential problem.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
    It's amazing how many people still think that POV lights somehow make you run off the road and act the fool. Idiots who never needed a light permit in the first place are the ones responsible for that.
    Granted... but on a working fire call, my department will have between 20 and 40 members going to one location, the firehouse.

As these 30 people get closer to that one location, there is the opportunity that conflicts in right of way can occur.

Add a siren and a few intersections and it would be a disaster. There is no incident where that minor difference in time would create a problem.

As it is, we've had issues in the parking lot where guys were coming in from different directions and being careless with just their blue lights. You can cite "training" and "discipline" all you want, that's not going to correct all ills.

Standard disclaimer applies about one size not fitting all...

Leave a comment:

• GTRider245
    replied
    It's amazing how many people still think that POV lights somehow make you run off the road and act the fool. Idiots who never needed a light permit in the first place are the ones responsible for that.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X