Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnny46 View Post
    The movie was Twilight.
    Your crazy man, you make me laugh a lot. I haad to sit through that crap with my wife one night and all I remember was a bunch of sighing and whining about loving a vampire and wanting to get bitten. It was kind of like a regular movie set to the soundtrack of a kinky movie.

But seriously what movie was it?

Comment

Originally posted by FireFuss
      NOBODY touch me, if anyone touches me I'll kill em!!

Lighen up Francis.

......it was stripes
      Crap, how did I miss that? I watched that movie at least 20 times while I was in Iraq. I love that movie, takes me back to less stressful days when I was younger. I have no idea why I thought it was from the other movie I was thinking of. Anyway, now I can sleep, haha. Thanks FireFuss.

Comment

In the amount of time it took to write your little "response" , you could have been well on your way to getting with your instructor nemesis - actually thrown and climbed the ladder , watched the strenghts and weaknesness of both techniques, agreeded to disagree , accepted the fact that both will work. Then the next time you teach a class - teach both ways, pound the drum on your favored way, and -------- let the students try both ways several times and do what works best for them. Now how bout the age old questions - hinge side first ? Top or bottom hinge first ? Raking a scratch line ------ which side do you rake the fuel ????
        ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fawlty View Post
          Thanks to the one or two who gave answers based on their experience and what they taught.

The reason this question came up is the two of us, both instructors, but from different training schools and backgrounds were teaching the same class about ladder work. We had different groups and one group mentioned that we had different views on the accepted method of transferring from a ground ladder to a roof ladder. After discussing the issue, in a friendly and civilised manner we both agreed to disagree, with the other instructor taking a position that stepping off a rung at or above the roofline was a safety issue. Trying to be somewhat decent instructors and to provide a consensus opinion so as to provide the best and most accurate information to the recruits, we agreed to research and come up with a unified opinion.

So, with that idea in mind, we looked through text books and other forms of fire service material, and lo, I thought to myself, why not ask a question on a forum where firefighters gather to discuss all sorts of interesting ideas and concepts, including POV lights, volunteer vs. POC vs. career, which flashlight is best, and any other really incredibly beneficial topics.

Well, thanks guys, thanks for showing what a bunch of whiny, self-important, boorish forum bullies you all can be. I thought it was a relatively decent question deserving at least an informed opinion and answer that could be backed up with if not facts but the experiences of others who do the job maybe more frequently than the lazy dumb *** instructor wannabee that I am.

Yes, agreed that you do what works, but lets face it, sometimes what works doesnt always work everytime and sometimes its not the safest or easiest. IMHO stepping off and onto the rung at or above the roofline is safer and easier for transition purposes, and yes, ive done it that way my whole career, but if there are others who have had safety issues or have seen actual problems arising from said method, hell, I'd love to hear it. I'd welcome differing opinions, isn't that what forums are about. Because believe it or not, I don't always think i'm right 100% of the time, I can actually allow that there are others who have more experience and training than me.

So, again, sorry to the majority for posting a now as I look back at it stupid and insensitive question, really my bad... in fact let me make it up to you all and post a new one...

"I'm thinking about taking photo's of victims at a car wreck, I was just wondering what film speed would you recommend that wouldn't interfere with the reflection of my DOT approved safety vest and the flashing L.E.D.s from my uber charged Chevy Pinto... oh and anyone know of a good facebook app where I can publish said pictures under the guise of training info"

Flame away ******s
          Tl;dr Tl;dr Tl;dr
          ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X