Snare pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snare pole

How many dept's have snare poles on any on their rigs? I saw one on another dept's engine and thought that it was a good idea. We had a dryer fire a few weeks ago and the home filled with smoke, then we had to find the family's cat and I wish I would have had that pole that day. We found the cat, then chased it into a bed room with little smoke in it and opened the window.
    "If I'm not back in five minutes.. wait longer."

We dont use a snare pole. Basically we have never saw a use for one however I have been proven wrong before
    Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

Comment

Years ago my father was a reserve police officer. He rushed home one afternoon to construct a snare pole with which to control a dog belonging to a couple involved in an auto accident. The dog wouldn't let rescuers access the patients.

I can't say that there have been any instances I can remember when we've needed one, but I also know we should never say never.

And animal control is never available when you need them.
      Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

We have one on all our first out trucks (3 engines) and I think one or two of our second out trucks.
        Brian Irey

My comments are mine and mine alone - they do not represent any thoughts or views of my department or anyone else

Comment

its all good till somebody gets bit in the ash
          Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X