Need Extended Ring/Text tone for Off Duty Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Extended Ring/Text tone for Off Duty Notification

I have an android based phone and I'm looking for an extended/lengthy text alert/ring tone for off duty recall notifications that we receive via text message. I can set a specific ringtone for individual #'s that send alerts to my phone.

The digital pager I used to have would ring continuously for such alerts till you pressed the acknowledge button.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with the Android (yet), but if the ringtone function is anything like my cell phone, you can email a suitable tone to your device and save it as a ringtone.

While it might not go on until shut off, you could probably record/assemble a fairly long toneset that will serve the same purpose.

If you don't know what your phone email address is, send a text to your email account.
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Your in luck, because Andriod phones are the easiest in the word to add/set ringtones to whatever you need. I have a Samsung powered by android and for me its as simple as plugging your phone directly into your computer.

The phone will appear on the computer as either a "Mass Storage Device" or "USB Mass Storage Device" Simple select it, and rumage around in the files until you find a folder marked "MP3" or "My files" From that point its as easy as dragging and dropping your favorite tunes from you computer onto the phone.

Once you have the one you want, find the contact in your phone that sends you your pages. And set the text messaging tone to the song, sound or whatever it is you wanted as the tone. And your done! Easy as pie.
      Opinions expressed by myself here are just that, mine. And not that of ANY organization or service I am affiliated with.

Comment

My son put the tomes from Emergency on my phone. They are loud, long, and the tones vary enough that if you don't hear it you must be dead.
        Crazy, but that's how it goes
        Millions of people living as foes
        Maybe it's not too late
        To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
          My son put the tomes from Emergency on my phone. They are loud, long, and the tones vary enough that if you don't hear it you must be dead.
          LOL.. I got it for when my Fire Shop foreman calls me when I'm out doing my thing. When he calls, it means somebody broke down. When I first got it, I got comments, giggles, etc, from the FF's when it went off. Now that I've been around long enough, they say "uh-oh... who broke down". Some days I cringe when it rings.

FM1
          I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
          "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

you may need to utilize SMS Popup

Comment

Do not have an android but maybe check this app

http://www.androidtapp.com/rings-extended/
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
                I refer to that as the ultimate "wacker" ringtone. Of course, I have it on my phone, too, along with a "Q" and the "Powercall."

Of course, I've also got a couple of train horns...

Plenty of stuff like that out there if you look.
                Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Try an app called FireAlert, allows a lot of customization for text alerts.

Comment

Set a WHOLE song as your ringtone.... if you want something long, I suggest something by Beethoven, Ninth symphony is over an hour so that should work. Or you can use 'audacity' to record your own ringtone.

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, someone freaking broke down again! Answer the phone pal!" Play this on a loop, save as mp3. BOOM. Magic

Comment

WELL YOUR IN LUCK! go to the market place and search (fire alert) download, add the widget for silent/active to your home screen... then go in to the main app settings for the app and add your triggers it can be triggered by either words in the txt or from the sender , can ring for up to 300sec. or endless! and also pops up a screne when activated displaying the message... amazing app works everytime never missed a call!
                      Last edited by B_TURNER1554; 03-31-2011, 08:59 PM.
                      LEATHER FOREVER! Because tactical tupperware just sucks!
                      "A Firefighter without tools is only an informed citizen"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X