Firefighters vs. Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefighters vs. Jesus

Yesterday I saw a sign outside a church that caught my attention. I couldn't take a picture of it, but it said:
    Firefighters rescue.
    Only Jesus saves.
    I wasn't quite sure what to make of that. I sort of think I see what they're trying to do but I'm not sure if real firefighters (which you all know I'm not one...yet) might get a little offended at that...
    -Justin J. "JJR512" Rebbert

The comments and opinions I express are solely my own and do not necessarily represent those of any employer or volunteer organization with which I am associated. Nobody is responsible for anything I say other than I alone.

You have a natural talent for starting schit threads.
    IAFF

Comment

Originally posted by JJR512 View Post
      Yesterday I saw a sign outside a church that caught my attention. I couldn't take a picture of it, but it said:

I wasn't quite sure what to make of that. I sort of think I see what they're trying to do but I'm not sure if real firefighters (which you all know I'm not one...yet) might get a little offended at that...
      Why do you also try to stir the pot? A real FF who is confident in their abilities, would never be offended by this sign. And if you, who has already stated are not a real ff, can figure it out, I think the real men will be just fine. Thanks for your concern.
      Stay Safe
      Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
      - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
      -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

whats it like to wake up every morning knowing you're a complete ****** bag?
        ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

WARNING WARNING WARNING

Incoming long-winded retort that still ends with him being a ******

WARNING WARNING WARNING
          ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

You have way too much time on your hands. Get off the computer, get out of the live in dorm, and get a life. Maybe even a girlfriend?

Comment

In this instance, the church was making a play on words, using the theological meaning of "save" as opposed to resculogical meaning of "save." It's nothing personal. Return to your whackery.
              Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

Originally posted by BULL321 View Post
                Why do you also try to stir the pot? A real FF who is confident in their abilities, would never be offended by this sign. And if you, who has already stated are not a real ff, can figure it out, I think the real men will be just fine. Thanks for your concern.
                I wasn't trying to stir the pot. If this question comes across that way, then I apologize, and everyone should just forget it and move on. But since I don't understand why this question is so offensive to you, perhaps I don't understand the sign as well as I thought I did, which as I said wasn't very strong to begin with.

Originally posted by tajm611 View Post
                whats it like to wake up every morning knowing you're a complete ****** bag?
                You have no need to ask me, I'm sure you've already figured it out for yourself.

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                You have way too much time on your hands. Get off the computer, get out of the live in dorm, and get a life. Maybe even a girlfriend?
                I haven't posted here in at least a week, probably two or more. I've never lived in a dorm. And I doubt my wife would very much like me getting a girlfriend.

Originally posted by johnny46 View Post
                In this instance, the church was making a play on words, using the theological meaning of "save" as opposed to resculogical meaning of "save." It's nothing personal. Return to your whackery.
                I understood the pun. What I did not understand is if firefighters might see this as a sort of slight. Clearly you do not and neither does anyone else, apparently, although for some odd reason I cannot fathom they get more offended by someone asking if something offends them.
                -Justin J. "JJR512" Rebbert

The comments and opinions I express are solely my own and do not necessarily represent those of any employer or volunteer organization with which I am associated. Nobody is responsible for anything I say other than I alone.

Comment

Hahahaha, this isnt what the little boy had in mind when he made this thread

Comment

You have got to be kidding me.
                    Get the first line into operation.

Comment

Would this make you feel better.....

Firefighters can Save you
                      Only Jesus can Rescue you
                      FM1
                      I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                      "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

I understood the pun. What I did not understand is if firefighters might see this as a sort of slight. Clearly you do not and neither does anyone else, apparently, although for some odd reason I cannot fathom they get more offended by someone asking if something offends them.
                        You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.
                        Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

Delta Bravo. Nuff said. I don't think it was the question that offended anyone as much as the idiocy behind it.....Thanks for wasting our time.
                          Matt G.
                          Battalion Chief
                          IACOJ-Member
                          FTM-PTB

Comment

Time flies like an arrow
                            Fruit flies like bananas

Anyone offended by this?
                            So you call this your free country
                            Tell me why it costs so much to live
                            -3dd

Comment

A little bit?
                              Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X