X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATFDFF
    replied
    Originally posted by 03CBR View Post

Since I am new and I will have a lot of stupid questions... is it normal for a new member to go to the station during off times (alone) to learn the trucks and tools?
    Not at all, in fact it actually is a very good thing. Not only does it help you, but it makes you look VERY good to your officers and other firefighters.

Leave a comment:

• 03CBR
    replied
    Thanks for the quick responses. I am in New York. Looks like I will be doing FF I and II, EMT and CFR. And for the responses of learning the truck, that is a given and will happen at every point I have time.

Since I am new and I will have a lot of stupid questions... is it normal for a new member to go to the station during off times (alone) to learn the trucks and tools?

Leave a comment:

• fire49
    replied
    What state are you in??

Looks like for you firefighter I. II and emt

Leave a comment:

• GTRider245
    replied
    If I were you...

I would get my basic certs down first (FF1/2, Hazmat, EMT) and then make sure you know your apparatus, whats carried on them and how to use them.

Leave a comment:

• johnny46
    replied
    Learn to cook.

Leave a comment:

• thomasldixon33
    replied
    Originally posted by TL678 View Post
    Have you checked the dept's requirements? I would start there and complete the courses that got me hired 1st.
    This is where i would start. If the dept. is anything like the ones around here in ATL.. then the biggest thing is your EMS cert. Go ahead and get your EMT-I. Then You will look much better to the dept. FF1 and 2 will help but i'm sure you will still have to attend the departments rookie school if you have no experience. good luck with whatever you do! keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• TL678
    replied
    Originally posted by 03CBR View Post
    Good Evening guys,

I am waiting to hear back about being accepted to a local Fire Dept/EMS Squad. I have been looking into getting as much training as possible and have found somethings I am interested in. I am looking for some advice in what you think would be beneficial for me to look into.

Fire Firefighter I

Fire Fighter II

Intro to fire protection technology

Fire prevention and inspection

fire suppression technology

Rescue Stratgey and Tactics

Fire Officer I (for the future)

Intro to Occupational Health and safety

EMS First Responder

EMT B

Ambulance - Emergency vehicle operator course

Those are the courses that are local that I have been looking into. Can anyone help me with what would be the best to take and reasons?

Thanks,

Doug
    Have you checked the dept's requirements? I would start there and complete the courses that got me hired 1st.

Leave a comment:

• 03CBR
    started a topic New Here, FFI questions

New Here, FFI questions

Good Evening guys,

I am waiting to hear back about being accepted to a local Fire Dept/EMS Squad. I have been looking into getting as much training as possible and have found somethings I am interested in. I am looking for some advice in what you think would be beneficial for me to look into.

Fire Firefighter I

Fire Fighter II

Intro to fire protection technology

Fire prevention and inspection

fire suppression technology

Rescue Stratgey and Tactics

Fire Officer I (for the future)

Intro to Occupational Health and safety

EMS First Responder

EMT B

Ambulance - Emergency vehicle operator course

Those are the courses that are local that I have been looking into. Can anyone help me with what would be the best to take and reasons?

Thanks,

Doug

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X