Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fdic

Who's all headed to Indy next week??

This will be my 1st time out, so besides the training, what else is out there? And yes, I know there are bar's everywhere, but besides that, anything??
    A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Originally posted by JTFIRE80 View Post

This will be my 1st time out, so besides the training, what else is out there? And yes, I know there are bar's everywhere, but besides that, anything??
    Hook up with Bucks Chief 35....(you know who.....) He'll show you all the good stops!!!!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

I'll be on the display floor all day Thursday and Friday with the Mrs. in tow.
      Career Fire Captain
      Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

After 5 years of missed opportunities I am finally going to make it down!

Comment

I'm fortunate to live within 2 hours, but I'm heading over again. Only missed once in the past 15 years.

Bars are good. About same as anywhere though. If you are car guy, there is a little speedway in town with a great museum. For the most part, I just recommend exploring around the area where you are staying.

The biggest thing I can say about Indy is that its clean.

ITs a busy week. You might be suprised at how little free time you actually have.
          www.miamivalleyfools.org

Comment

I need to make it out one year. I keep hearing that its a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by JTFIRE80 View Post

Don't forget to stop by the Union Hall on Friday night. Its a real good time.

Comment

Maybe next year for me. I was going to go but I'll be stuck in an NFPA 1006 class that week. Outstanding training oportunities there though. Chief 35 (as stated) can show you some good points of interest, and the Union Hall is always a blast. Also, 2nd best steak I've ever had at St. Elmo's steak house. It's right down the street from the Convention Center. If you want an interesting bar to swing by, try the "Wild Beaver". They don't have Yuengling, but still a good time.
                Matt G.
                Battalion Chief
                IACOJ-Member
                FTM-PTB

Comment

No Yuenging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Stop by the Union Hall on Friday night. FREE BEER and FREE FOOD. It gets bigger every year. Shuttle buses from the Convention Center begin about 4:30 and run throughout the evening. Live band, a bunch of bagpipers, lots of firemen and a host of others. Take the buses or get a cab. Parking is at a premium. See you there, I'll be the one with the IFD shirt on.

Comment

The FOOLS bash on Wednesday is definitely something not to miss as well.
                      FTM-PTB-RFB
                      IACOJ

Comment

I'm going down Thursday morning and doing the exhibit thing Fri/Sat. This will be the third year in a row, should be a blast!
                        ------------------------------------
                        These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                        ------------------------------------

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X