SCBA Question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCBA Question???

I have a question regarding the RIT /UAC adapter on a NFPA 1981 (2007 edition) SCBAs and was hoping that someone on here would be able to shed some light on this. Would there be any reason as to why a SCBA manufactured after the 2007 edition of NFPA 1981 would not complete the "Transfill operation" using the RIT/UAC and transfill hose with the universal connectors to equialize pressure from one SCBA to another SCBA in an emergency situation ONLY? Does anyone know of a check valve within the RIT / UAC adapter that would prohibt this kind of operation within a NFPA 1981 2007 edition SCBA?

If so would you be able to provide me with some info regarding this? I will also post this in the RIT section as well.

~Silverado

Yes, there is a check valve. MSA already had a transfill approved and patented from SCBA wearer to SCBA wearer prior to the change in the 2007 revision, therefore everyone else could only go from rit kit to scba wearer.
    Am I being effective in my efforts or am I merely showing up in my fireman costume to watch a house burn down?” (Joe Brown, www.justlookingbusy.wordpress.com)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X