No announcement yet.

Whats your call volume like??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Career dept, 12,500 runs, 6 stations, staffing of 30 on shift, 4 platoons.

Vol. dept, 570, 1 station, about 30 "quality" active, and another 10-20 t-shirt wearer's.
    A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFuss
      ....I was wondering, what was with the "thank the Lord I'm a tillerman" thing? Your fire co's don't do EMS?
      Our truck Co's dont run EMS calls.... we leave that to Our rescues and engines!
      "....train as if your life depends on it, because one day it could.."
      .....Leather Head N6A
      Tillerman..... The best job in the FD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JTFIRE80 View Post
        Career dept, 12,500 runs, 6 stations, staffing of 30 on shift, 4 platoons.

Vol. dept, 570, 1 station, about 30 "quality" active, and another 10-20 t-shirt wearer's.
        I didnt know firefighting was a shirts and skins type game.
        Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

Around 9000 calls, 7 stations, 8 companies staffed (1 truck cross staffed with hazmat, 1 heavy rescue, 2 quints, 4 engines), occasional staffing of a 2 person squad. 125K population. We run most of the EMS calls with the County ambulance.
          FTM-PTB-RFB
          IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by nameless View Post
            This always interests me when you see companies doing more than 4,000 runs a year. When do you send fire companies to EMS calls? Is it for everything or for higher priority calls?
            We avg +40,000 calls a year. 70% are EMS. All EMS runs are accompanied with either an engine or truck, no matter the call. Goes up from there on severity of the call.

FM1
            I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
            "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

I think we run about 1500 calls a year between three stations. The majority are EMS first response (we don't do transport) auto accidents and fire alarms.
              Brian Irey

My comments are mine and mine alone - they do not represent any thoughts or views of my department or anyone else

Comment

Our call load has been going up steadily for a number of years, last fiscal year we ran around 550. That is a mix between ALS First Response (Non-transport) and Fire. About 35% of our call load is medical, the rest is Fire/Auto accident related.

We run out of one not so centralized station, with 2 Engine's, a Tanker, a Ladder Co. Two Rescues, a Heavy and a Light. The light Rescue being used for EMS runs. We also run a Brush truck and a Rescue Boat, and that is about it.
                Opinions expressed by myself here are just that, mine. And not that of ANY organization or service I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFuss
                  Fire companies go out when we get codes, or when the medic unit is more than a certain distance away from the call.

Our ladders go for "lift assists" when you need the 5 extra guys since the patient is HUGE. Also we carry the "man sack", (thats what its actually called) which is a very large reinforced reeves type stretcher.

The busy fire companies get hammered. Being in the areas that get a lot of work also brings with it A LOT of EMS.
                  yea we go for invalid assits or just for man power on occasion.. and also if the engine is out and we get a pretty high priority call in our first in, we will pick it up.. They wont dispatch us, cause we aren't SUPPOSED to run ems.. but not going to let the next due engine come from 10 miles away when its only 1 mile away from the station! haha
                  "....train as if your life depends on it, because one day it could.."
                  .....Leather Head N6A
                  Tillerman..... The best job in the FD!!!

Comment

We average right around 100
                    - 50 EMS
                    - 20 MVA
                    - 2 Structure Fires of our own
                    - 10 Mutual aid fires
                    - 5 brush fires
                    - 8 good intent (basement pump, trees down, etc)
                    - 5 other

1 Station all volunteer, 1 light rescue, 1 engine, 1 pumper/tanker, and 1 brush/utility

Comment

28 Sq miles
                      100K population
                      Just under 10,000 runs last year. Run ALS engines on all EMS, private ambulance transports.

Started the year with 5 engines/2 ladders, ended 5/1. Expect to be at 4/1 next week.

Down to approx 62 FF (including staff) from 95 four years ago.

Comment

The only thing I can say is 0 EMS runs
                        Jerry Stewart
                        Firefighter Engine Company No. 44
                        Licensed Paramedic State of Michigan
                        [email protected]
                        (313) 732 7377
                        Detroit Fire Department Local 344

Comment

according to the official paperwork from downtown we ran 545,339 calls for 2010. My station ran 6,024 of those runs.

Currently, the Houston Fire Department has (units per shift):
                          as of July 2010
                          92 Fire Stations
                          87 Engines
                          37 Trucks (Ladders/Towers)
                          7 Haz-Mat Units
                          8 Rescue Units
                          4 Breathing Air Units
                          16 Airport Rescue Units
                          27 Medics
                          57 Ambulances
                          11 Boosters
                          2 Special Event EMS Units
                          22 District Chief Vehicles
                          1 Shift Commander
                          18 Squads
                          3 Safety Units
                          10 Evacuation Boats
                          5 Rescue Boats
                          4,000+ fireifighters

Comment

Originally posted by thomasldixon33 View Post
                            Our truck Co's dont run EMS calls.... we leave that to Our rescues and engines!
                            In two of our neighboring departments, the truck company will catch a medical if the engine is already on a run or if the truck in their territory and right on top of it. It keeps response times down, but it's strange to see a million-dollar platform on a sick call.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cozmosis View Post
                              In two of our neighboring departments, the truck company will catch a medical if the engine is already on a run or if the truck in their territory and right on top of it. It keeps response times down, but it's strange to see a million-dollar platform on a sick call.
                              As I recall, when Phoenix first started to field paramedics, they were looking for a good way to distribute the limited number available. They chose to put them on the trucks as opposed to the engines, so if you called for EMS, you got a ladder.

Nowadays they're on the engines, and they now have some paramedic-staffed ambulances as well (the "rescues" were only staffed with basics - the medic came off the engine or truck).
                              Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Our department runs about 900 a year. 75% ems/bls. Coverage about 14 sq. miles with appx. 5k population. Numbers going up this year. Had 7 structure fires in amonth. alot for our little town.
                                If God be for us, who can be against us. Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the light.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X