Union Busting and Firehouse Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
    Then why did you push something that has no impact on you?

You sir are a joke...But not a very funny one.

Take your troll show and get back to the cookies and milk your mom is serving.
    It's nice to see someone else that sees through this pup.

Comment

Should have kept reading. He acted like an adult and everything worked out fine. I can't understand how a grown man like you is still so butthurt over nothing. I never had a problem with fyredup. Simple misunderstanding and a smart mouth on my part. You on the other hand....
      ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Firehouse magazine and these forums are proving to be more irrelevant each and every day...Long time poster and the son of a fireman who brought the magazine home in 1976.
        IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
          No foil cap. I am incredulous that ANYONE would surrender that control to an outside company. If that is the way business is done today that is sad.

You don't have to like my opinion, and I don't have to like yours. I will take off my foil cap when you take off your blinders.
          Well I'm sorry but that is how virtually all major advertising support is handled nowadays. It is nothing new and you're just going to have to accept that sometimes $hit happens. Just because you had no idea how it worked, doesn't make it impossible or unimaginable.
          Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by tajm611 View Post
            Should have kept reading. He acted like an adult and everything worked out fine. I can't understand how a grown man like you is still so butthurt over nothing. I never had a problem with fyredup. Simple misunderstanding and a smart mouth on my part. You on the other hand....
            Whatever helps you sleep at night, but at least you realize your smart mouth is part of your problem. That's a step in the right direction.

Comment

Broccoli gives me the worst gas.
              IAFF

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
                Whatever helps you sleep at night, but at least you realize your smart mouth is part of your problem. That's a step in the right direction.

You really need to get over it. Quickly. I'm almost feeling pity for you.
                ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

You Tajm...Why dont you use some of that young coona*s energy and straighten out that transplanted yankee/pita Bossier Bob !
                  IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

No one takes him seriously anyway.
                    Also he makes fun of himself more than anyone else. I dont go looking for arguments. They stalk me and continue to cry for....4 threads now?

Comment

Thanks for the coonass reference though, I'm forever grateful my dad put me in a good school so I don't carry the horrible "mike Landry from swamp people" accent.

Choot em!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
                        ...and I thought I was the only one on this board who works gainfully in a right-to-work state (no union contracts here!) and still manage to make a pretty damn good living in excellent working conditions....
                        There are parts of Virginia where the life of a career firefighter IS pretty good.

Teaching throughout the Commonwealth, I found places where it was pretty grim.

Not as grim as federal/contract firefighters, who were working a 72 hour/week shift for not great money.

Mike
                        Last edited by MikeWard; 03-14-2011, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeWard View Post
                          There are parts of Virginia where the life of a career firefighter IS pretty good.

Not as grim as federal/contract firefighters, who were working a 77 hour/week shift for not great money.

Mike
                          Come teach in Camden, Paterson, Irvington or Newark, NJ.

Pretty grim in this "pro-union" state.
                          I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by MikeWard View Post

Not as grim as federal/contract firefighters, who were working a 77 hour/week shift for not great money.

Mike
                            Mike, that's true. I travel across the Commonwealth teaching and doing other firematic things, and have a chance to see the difference between Arlington and Pulaski and Roanoke. Relatively speaking though, it would appear that the paygrades in the Commonwealth reflect the local tax base and social base fairly well.
                            Career Fire Captain
                            Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by tajm611 View Post
                              Thanks for the coonass reference though, I'm forever grateful my dad put me in a good school so I don't carry the horrible "mike Landry from swamp people" accent.

Choot em!
                              I love that show. Gonna get myself a pair of Chalmette Reeboks and yell here gator gator!
                              IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Fairfax IS the leader when it comes to getting things done in a 'Right to Work" state. They have members that are also busting their tails in Japan right now.
                                IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X