Fire 2 Certification Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire 2 Certification Test

Tomorrow I am taking my Fire 2 certification test. I know most of the skills but I am a little weary on a few. The skills I'm having trouble with are

1. Determine the need for Command,Implents Command, Transfer of Command. (I know a little about this skill but I was wondering how it is tested)
    2. Assist Special Rescue Teams- Rope Rescue ( I have no clue on this skill. I know how to tie knots though)
    and
    3. Fire Ground Communications- Relaying Information to Command

If anyone knows how to do these skills or could give me some advise, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Hey kid, dont you think it's a wee little bit too late, asking for help the night before the test?????
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
      Hey kid, dont you think it's a wee little bit too late, asking for help the night before the test?????
      Here's his sign....
      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Ya it is but my teacher just gave me the skills sheet. I ended up passing so it all worked out.

Comment

Cool, post up in the middle of your first fire and we'll hold your hand then too.
          ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Originally posted by sccfirestudent View Post
            Ya it is but my teacher just gave me the skills sheet. I ended up passing so it all worked out.
            Never mind the fact that you passed.....

-How long were you aware that this test was today??

-How many opportunities did you have to obtain the necessary information?

But I am sure you will fail to see the point I am trying to make here as I am sure you are like pretty much most of the kiddies that come on here anymore.....you think you are entitled, and as long as you passed, who cares...Right?

Comment

Gotta admit Kody, not too bright asking questions the day before the test.

With all the new kids coming on here lately, most wannabe's, take it with a grain of salt, and learn from it. These guys are doing what you want to do. They take their jobs and education, even your education, seriously. If you don't, neither will they.

FM1
              I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
              "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

You couldnt be more wrong. I studied as much as I could. I was just having trouble with the skills and remembered I have an account to this site. I just wanted to see if I could get some last minute help. Im not like the kiddies you say. I take pride in my studies and my tests. I was just looking for some last minute help but I see that didnt work. I was aware of the test for awhile I just didnt know the exact skills so I just wanted someone to clarrify how those three skills worked. I do see your point FWDbuff but just because I passed doesnt mean I dont care anymore. And just because I passed doesnt mean I'm going to stop studying. Sorry this was a missunderstanding. I was just wanting some help with the three skills I asked about.

Comment

Post in the middle of a fire? really? I only asked some test questions. Was it a little late to ask? ya it was but I was just looking for some additional help other than my book and teacher. Sorry if my questions offended anyone.

Comment

Post in the middle of a fire? really? I only asked some test questions. Was it a little late to ask? ya it was but I was just looking for some additional help other than my book and teacher. Sorry if my questions offended anyone.
                    Easy Grasshopper......

Like FWD said, it was a bit late but don't get upset over some of the answers here. Like FIREMECH1 said...we all do care about the next generation coming into this career because you will be pick us up after we are all old and cranky and slip out of our wheelchairs. We want the best of the best, the elite group of crack young'ins to replace us, just like the previous generation did. It is a tradition in the fire service, as in most places, to think the next generation doesn't know anything. It's just part of the ball busting that goes on, don't take it to heart.

Congrats on passing your test! That is the first step. There will be many more. My advice to you is keep your nose in the books and study and learn as much as you can from every aspect and viewpoint before you make your own judgment. Be a giant sponge and soak up the good things of everything you see and do. Learn the traditions, learn the newest tactics and technology. Listen to the old timers, they will teach you things just as next group behind you will teach you things. Take life one day at a time, one call at a time, one test at a time and with an open mind you will do just fine.

Come into these forums with a grain of salt. You will get countless viewpoints from all over the world. Remember, their viewpoint is the correct viewpoint because that's what they do in their part of the world. Doesn't mean it's wrong, it's just a different way of doing it. You can always learn something from everyone.

A wise old Captain once told me that we always are training our replacement. One day you will be the "old timer" busting the balls of the new pup coming in. The day you think you know it all or have done it all is the day you need to retire.
                    Jason Knecht
                    Firefighter/EMT
                    Township Fire Dept., Inc.
                    Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
                    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
                    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Dickey. I know what you mean by teaching the next generation. I will take your advice and use it.
                      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by alexus
                        Post up in the middle of your first fire and we'll hold your hand then too.
                        Nike air pas cher
                        nike shox pas cher
                        SPAMMER AND ADVERTISER.
                        Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

You couldnt be more wrong. I studied as much as I could. I was just having trouble with the skills and remembered I have an account to this site. I just wanted to see if I could get some last minute help. Im not like the kiddies you say. I take pride in my studies and my tests. I was just looking for some last minute help but I see that didnt work. I was aware of the test for awhile I just didnt know the exact skills so I just wanted someone to clarrify how those three skills worked. I do see your point FWDbuff but just because I passed doesnt mean I dont care anymore. And just because I passed doesnt mean I'm going to stop studying. Sorry this was a missunderstanding. I was just wanting some help with the three skills I asked about.
                          If you took so much pride in your studies and tests, you would have hassled your teacher for the skills sheet that "he just gave you" a long time ago.

NEXT VICTIM!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...