No announcement yet.

The Mustache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No facial hair at the SCBA facepiece seal per OSHA requirements and manufacturers' instructions. All else is commentary.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
    sigpic
    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

capt387, I think the brother from DCFD and the other members really don't give a rats butt about what osha has to say. They are firemen and do more work in a day that most others do in a month.
      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Capt OT, he aint in DC, he is in Falling Water WV.
        Am I being effective in my efforts or am I merely showing up in my fireman costume to watch a house burn down?” (Joe Brown, www.justlookingbusy.wordpress.com)

Comment

There is always the option of doing strictly wildlands. You can find full-time employment on a 'shot crew or as a smokejumper. There aren't any regulations concerning facial hair, and I've seen some hotshots rocking some wicked beards. Also you get to see some awesome fire activity, like firewhirls the size of tornadoes and just as powerful.

Comment

We can have mustache sideburns, soulpatch, just as long as the hair doesnt interfere with mask seal..mustaches are not to exceed 1/2" below the corners of the mouth and sideburns to stop at the bottom of the ear lobe
            "First In, Last Out"

Comment

screw it im going with the back in the day stuff just grow a fatty beard and dip it in water and shove the damn thing in your mouth before you go in.....

lol
              We walk where the devil dances... FIR NA TINE

Comment

Originally posted by Capt387 View Post
                Capt OT, he aint in DC, he is in Falling Water WV.
                I most certainly am a fireman in Washington DC. I'm also at Rescue 2, just like my forum name states. I live, like several DC firemen, in WV. 76 miles is not that long of a commute.
                Weekly updates on the world of rope:

http://rescue2training.com/journal.html

Comment

Originally posted by ****brick3633 View Post
                  We can have mustache sideburns, soulpatch, just as long as the hair doesnt interfere with mask seal..mustaches are not to exceed 1/2" below the corners of the mouth and sideburns to stop at the bottom of the ear lobe

Where do you get this standard? NOTHING in OSHA or NFPA mentions mustaches specifically or measurments of hair. Both use language that says something like "cannot have facial hair that impedes the seal of the mask".

Comment

Originally posted by DCFDRescue2 View Post
                    I most certainly am a fireman in Washington DC. I'm also at Rescue 2, just like my forum name states. I live, like several DC firemen, in WV. 76 miles is not that long of a commute.
                    A goatee? Man! You must have been ugly!

(P.S. Thanks for letting me "ride" with you guys)

Comment

The one thing I hated about Dalton's stache policy was that they adopted a Marine Corps mentality about it. They would place a pencil between your lips, if the stache dropped past the top of the pencil at all you had to trim it. Those staches are soooooo gay. I figure if it doesn't interfere with the facepiece seal, who cares how far it droops past your upper lip.

Comment

Wasn't the standard that's adopted by OSHA for facial hair created where low pressure demand breathers were the norm? Most everyone has positive pressure breathers and I think it is something that might be a bit outdated?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X