Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnVBFD
    replied
    I think its proper name is the the flashing thingy over there on the wall.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by tree68 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a RotoRay!
    You are correct sir. I have seen them on apparatus for many of years, dating way back!

I don't think he was putting them down, as up in his area they are used as well.

Leave a comment:

• WBFD25
    replied
    Just a wild guess but I'd say its something like a call indicator box. Red for a fire call, blue for EMS, yellow for a hazzard. Just guessing.
    We have one at our station, although our "yellow" was a white lens instead. It hasn't been used/working in over 10 years but that is what was explained to me on how it operated when I asked. It worked in conjunction with the old phone alert system, before pagers came in to existence in my department.

Leave a comment:

• tree68
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonnee View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a RotoRay!

Leave a comment:

• FloridaFireEMT
    replied
    You should be able to find it right next to the muffler bearings just above the diesel sparkplugs at your local walmart.

Leave a comment:

• Jonnee
    replied
    This has to be it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB03h...eature=related

Leave a comment:

• tree68
    replied
    Something like this?

Try searching for "tower lights." You'll get some returns for radio tower lighting, and some like the one in the picture.

Leave a comment:

• bigjake80
    replied
    LMAO but ill keep looking it a box above each doorway in the fire house so when u get a house fire the tones drop and the red light will blinks fast just wasn't sure if other fire company's had these but really wasn't sure if a company makes then or a custom job .

Leave a comment:

• nameless
    replied
    the primary color light box?

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Originally posted by bigjake80 View Post
    Hey guys got a question for you guys what's the box called in the fire house that has the red, blue and yellow lights in . So when get a fire run it flashes red. I'm try to find out the name b/c I'm working on my man cave and want to make one for my room . Want to hook my pager to the red light , door bell to the blue and then yellow to my phone hope someone can help me out thanks. Jake
    The box with the red, blue and yellow lights.

Leave a comment:

• Deluge059
    replied
    Im gonna guess the NFPA 704 Diamond, but a custom job...

http://www.wikinfo.org/index.php/File:NFPA_704.svg

Leave a comment:

• fire49
    replied
    what is red and blue and yellow, a fire truck with flashing lights

Leave a comment:

• st42stephenAFT
    replied
    Yeah, sounds like something someone at your firehouse came up with and made.

Leave a comment:

• dfwfirefighter
    replied
    I have no idea what you are trying to describe. Perhaps that is something exclusive to your fire station or region?

Leave a comment:

• What the Name of the Red, Blue & Yellow Box at the Fire House

Hey guys got a question for you guys what's the box called in the fire house that has the red, blue and yellow lights in . So when get a fire run it flashes red. I'm try to find out the name b/c I'm working on my man cave and want to make one for my room . Want to hook my pager to the red light , door bell to the blue and then yellow to my phone hope someone can help me out thanks. Jake

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X