Glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha. You guys are funny.
    But yea I have seen pictures of those mask inserts. Would they just fit into any standard mask or would you have to have a particular one to fit them?
    And although I never really have problems with contacts except the occasional speck of dust that destroys my eyes, I figured that based on the type of work environment, it would be prone to drying out, getting crap in them, and any other problems that one might have with contacts.
    :-J Remmy

Comment

Originally posted by Lewiston2FF View Post
      Awwwww. Aren't you two cute! How long have you been dating?
      We're not exclusive sugarpants.
      IAFF

Comment

always keep a spare pair

I wear glasses, because i am near sighted i usually take them off if i have to don my mask and leave them in the apparatus where they wont get crushed. The rec specs is a good idea. also keep a second pair of glasses in your car or at the firehouse in case you crush or loose the pair you wore to the call.

Comment

Originally posted by fireemt19 View Post
          The rec specs is a good idea.
          Keep in mind that the bows/headband of the "rec specs" can't extend under the facepiece seal at all.

The best solution is to get the proper insert for the mask. If you're in an OSHA state, the department will be required to provide them and pay for the prescription lenses. The same may apply in some non-OSHA states as well.
          "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
          sigpic
          The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Originally posted by BSFD184 View Post
            ...at my new station we just grab a mask off the truck, we don't have them assigned to us so there is no guarantee...
            In cases like these, is it even possible to use the mask inserts?
            :-J Remmy

Comment

Yes. The sidewire type inserts pop in and out almost instantly. My old MSA kit was this type and fit well in MSA UltraVue, ISI Magnum, Scott AV2000 and Sperian TwentyTwenty plus facepieces.

My new kit is a Sperian NexSpex, which is a brand-labelled Altek kit. I love that the spectacle portion is wearable when removed from the facepiece. The frame isn't as easy to change between masks as the MSA kit was. When I started using that I was "assigned" a mask, although it stays on the truck. Since the frame doesn't impede fit or visibility of the mask, others can grab it at need, and I keep the MSA sidewire kit as a backup.
              "I've met lots of volunteer firefighters, but I've never seen a volunteer fire!"
              - R. MacLeod, Alma VFD

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Remmy View Post
                Read post #13
                "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...