X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• st42stephenAFT
    replied
    Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    This "game" is played in city and town halls all over the country....
    Too bad thats how many politicians view it.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyChiefGonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by NCVFD808 View Post
    a game where your the chief of a fire department randomly selected, it might be rural and it might be a big town
    managing your trucks, etc.
    funds and stuff like that on a forum base like this with someone controlling the events as in fires, runs, etc.

does it sound appealing?
    This "game" is played in city and town halls all over the country....

Leave a comment:

• snowball
    replied
    Originally posted by sfd1992 View Post
    OK.

Neither is war, but a shipload of GIs still play "Call of Duty".
    Wait.....what just happened??

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Do you get more points for going inside, or for standing on the lawn?
    Triple bonus points for waving at any occupants seen in windows, but have no working smoke detectors.

Leave a comment:

• tree68
    replied
    There's a firefighting game for the Wii (and probably other gaming systems). It's your typical "first person shooter" game, but instead of weapons you get tools - hose, axe, halligan, fire extinguisher.

The goal is to make your way through a maze of sorts, vanquishing fire on the way.

Might be interesting if it could be developed into a multi-player game - multiple players (companies) coordinating their efforts, etc., and even moreso if it could be played over the 'Net.

Leave a comment:

• st42stephenAFT
    replied
    I'm pretty sure there's some facebook FD game. Fire Department City or something. I took a look at it a while back, but it just seemed like every other Facebook game (farmville, mafia wars, and all the rest)

Leave a comment:

• FireRescueLupo
    replied
    I am sure it would get attention at first but it would have to have enough excitement in it to get people to stick around. Most of us like the rush of sirens and lights and feeling the heat and taming the beast for the moment. It is hard to recreate that in a game with digits. More like a business administrator type game from the sounds of it and I think most of the Chiefs I know would rather play and spray then take care of the books and numbers.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyMarshal
    replied
    It's an interesting thought, but I can't think of any sort of really "FD based" game model that would really work (i.e. not be slow and boring as all hell) using the limited game mechanics of a web forum.

Years ago when I ran php based fora, I fiddled with several forum based games and the only ones that really seemed to catch on were usually the empire building games (Tribal Wars, Travian, etc) and some character vs character battle games (whose names escape me). Most of what makes the FD interesting needs to happen in real time and web based games don't really excel in that sort of thing.

Good luck if you can come up with a game model that will work on a forum though!

(Okay, so I take it back. I can think of one. How about an empire builder where the "kingdoms" are fire departments and the "cities" are fire stations. Some "battles" could be resolved against fires, disasters, etc. to gain mojo (prestige/morale) while others could be resolved against neighboring departments for gold (public support) and district annexation... Hey, it could work. I might even run with that one myself... Copyright © 2011, Wyvernhall Enterprises. All Rights Reserved. )

Leave a comment:

• sfd1992
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    This business we are in, isn't a game, sonny!!
    OK.

Neither is war, but a shipload of GIs still play "Call of Duty".

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    a game where your the chief of a fire department randomly selected, it might be rural and it might be a big town
    funds and stuff like that on a forum base like this with someone controlling the events as in fires, runs, etc.

does it sound appealing?
    Not in the least!

This business we are in, isn't a game, sonny!!

Leave a comment:

• TNFF319
    replied
    The lawn, if you are on air.

Leave a comment:

• sfd1992
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nyckftbl
    replied
    sounds like an ICS class. no thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tree68
    replied

does it sound appealing?
    Been on Facebook lately?

This does sound like version of some of the wargaming games out there.

Leave a comment:

• Phiman252
    replied
    I'm not a fireman, therefore I do not feel right in passing judgement on this topic.

I will, however, predict that the responses will be less then ensthustatic about the game.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X