VES question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pipeman1822 View Post
    It's just having a different personality. I don't have a huge yard or any of that but I've got 100 bars, restaurants and stores within a 15 minute walk, a world class subway system, and beautiful architecture. It's what I prefer. However there's so many times that I wish I had a nice and quiet house with a huge yard. Unfortunately it's one or the other. If only we got paid the money to have a house in both locations.
    I too wish for both but settle to live like Fyredup (only a 3 mile commute though) and visit DC every Memorial Day weekend. Love DC restaurants and the number of things to do. never found a day where we got bored in the last 14 years of the annual mecca.

Comment

Originally posted by nyckftbl View Post
      It was...on the 3 side, with LA's soapbox.
      I was thinking of what to post to that, but nothing I had was nearly this good!

Comment

Originally posted by Deluge059 View Post
        That small house in the front needs to be laddered too.
        He Shoots! He Scores!

Nice one!
        I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by Deluge059 View Post
          That small house in the front needs to be laddered too.
          You laugh- my truck carries a ladder that could handle that red-shuttered window. LOL

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju55Z...eature=related

trolololol.
            ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Ves

In my department, there is a good possibility that the VES will be performed by one member vs. two. Is this ideal? No, but it is our reality.
              When one member performs VES at a window where there is only concrete below him/her, they butt(heal) their own ladder by placing the butt of the ladder in a crack in the sidewalk, up against a mailbox, up against a tree, the base of a nearby building, etc... With my Truck, the OVM perfoms the VES and he/she operates alone initially. As I said, is this ideal? No, but it is our reality.

Comment

Originally posted by tajm611 View Post
                Yeah but he put it up fly in!
                Shawn M. Cecula
                Firefighter
                IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola