Using webbing as your means of egress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Id rather attempt a body slide with a rope than "hope for the best" with webbing.
    Devils advocate.

IF in that situation I don't care what it is I'm using.

I'm still going to hope for the best with a rubber band, paper clip and an axe, I'll figure something out.

If you have something on you, webbing, rope, chewing gum, and for those of us in the deep south cause I know someone does, a can of Skool, you'll figure something out. Self-survival will kick in.
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnVBFD View Post
      Devils advocate.

IF in that situation I don't care what it is I'm using.

I'm still going to hope for the best with a rubber band, paper clip and an axe, I'll figure something out.

If you have something on you, webbing, rope, chewing gum, and for those of us in the deep south cause I know someone does, a can of Skool, you'll figure something out. Self-survival will kick in.
      Oh, I don't disagree. But if you are preplanning for the event, you might as well do it right.
      Career Firefighter
      Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
      I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the responses. We aren't issued personal escape systems, and only one person truly has a dedicated one but only carries it on structure fires. He reminds us to take self rescue seriously and I think it's an important skill to be proficient in.

I like the idea of doing a body slide with a length of webbing. It's cheap, stores in a small package, and doesn't require DCD's.
        Last edited by oregonFF1; 02-27-2011, 03:20 AM.
        FDNY 343 - 9.11.01
        "Move out and draw fire"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...