Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVFD301
    replied
    The basic galls headlight flasher is trash. No, really.

Leave a comment:

• IronValor
    replied
    I like Code 3 equipment or Federal Signal. However I have had nothing but good luck out of Whelen equipment as well. As far as wattage and stuff goes hey I dont know ***** from shinola on all of that. I have also used the Galls headlight flasher before with good success but if your sitting in your vehicle trying to do paperwork with your lights going your probably going to get annoyed with the *Tick tick tick* Sound. The Code 3 stuff is quiet.

I will suggest that if you do not know what you are doing as far as installation goes then seek out professional help because these things can and will get tricky. What may seem like an easy job just may well take up a weeks worth of you time.

Stay Safe

Leave a comment:

• tajm611
    replied
    Originally posted by italianfiremanac130 View Post
    Really? What kind of idiot wastes our time asking about wig-wags? The time it took you to ask on this forum you could have: done an internet search, ordered them, then installed them on your fire engine red pick-up truck that has 15 fire dept stickers, 5 attennas and a fat girlfriend.

Hey jackass, do you wanna talk about what cool pagers guys are wearing? Or maybe what kind of scanner picks up the most radio frequencies. *******s.

Nothin' but love.
    The time it took you to write this, you could of thought up something funny.

Nothing but pity.

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Really? What kind of idiot wastes our time asking about wig-wags? The time it took you to ask on this forum you could have: done an internet search, ordered them, then installed them on your fire engine red pick-up truck that has 15 fire dept stickers, 5 attennas and a fat girlfriend.

Hey jackass, do you wanna talk about what cool pagers guys are wearing? Or maybe what kind of scanner picks up the most radio frequencies. *******s.

Nothin' but love.
    Just how fat is your girlfriend? I mean, just saying, you seem to know a lot about it.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Originally posted by tajm611 View Post
    Or lucky, headlight housing composite quality differ greatly from maker to maker. The recon lights I've dealt with were generally of poor quality and high prices.
    LUCKY? ME? Ah,NO! I could buy every Lottery ticket but 1 and I still wouldn't have the winner. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• FIREMECH1
    replied
    Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Point being, MOST people now days are using at the most 6 hideways and LED everywhere else. You dont see a whole lot of surface mount, dash or deck mount strobes. Right now I would say the hideway market is the only area that LED has not surpassed strobe in pretty much every area.
    No disagreement here on that. I'll be happy when they have LED hideaways that equal or surpass the strobe lights. But for now, it's still strobes in the lenses.

On a different note: If you have any Fed Sig ModLED's on your rigs, get what you can for replacements. These have been discontinued and now obsolete. The replacement for them is the new QuadraFlare LED light.

Link to the ModLED: http://www.fedsig.com/products/index.php?id=158

Link to the QuadraFlare: http://www.fedsig.com/products/index.php?id=256

FM1

Leave a comment:

• BoxAlarm187
    replied

Nothin' but love.
    Welcome to the forums.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyChiefGonzo
    replied

Nothin' but love.
    What's love got to do with it?
    That's a hell of a first post....

Leave a comment:

• italianfiremanac130
    replied
    Re: Wig wags

Nothin' but love.

Leave a comment:

• tree68
    replied
    Right now I would say the hideway market is the only area that LED has not surpassed strobe in pretty much every area.
    And they're working on that, too.

The instant on/instant off ability of LEDs is probably what makes it possible for them to replace strobes. That and the fact that they've gotten really bright, compared to when LED's first hit the market.

Leave a comment:

• GTRider245
    replied
    Originally posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    What you consider average, isn't average around here. 4 strobes don't cut it, period. 6 can work just fine for some installs, but using an 8 head system works really well. And no, you don't need a freaking light bar to run 8 strobes.

Take a look at a 2008 Dodge Ram pickup. You can put 4 strobes in the rear. 1 in each brake light for 2, and 1 in each reverse light for another 2. That is 4 right there. Add 1 each to the headlights. Now you're at 6 strobes. 2 weeks later a Chief decides he needs intersection strobes on the front end of the front fenders. Bam, there's your 8 strobe lights. And no, they don't have to be the hide away style strobe heads to use the ISP188.

I don't know how long you've been in the fire service, but I've been installing strobes for over 8 years now, and business is good.

FM1
    I have a good understanding of emergency lighting and the ins and outs. I do my own installs as well as some for other firefighters.

I know that you don't have to power hideaways with a power supply and that you can use the outletts to power any non self contained strobe. Be it hideaway, surface mount, dash mount, lightbar, etc.

Point being, MOST people now days are using at the most 6 hideways and LED everywhere else. You dont see a whole lot of surface mount, dash or deck mount strobes. Right now I would say the hideway market is the only area that LED has not surpassed strobe in pretty much every area.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnVBFD View Post
    I say strap two midgets to each headlight and give them each a flashlight.
    Up til a week ago that was a good idea. HOWEVER:The midgets are organizing and will no longer work those hrs in those conditions without proper comnpensation and equipment. That places them OUTSIDE affordable as the strobes do not require that level of support. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• JohnVBFD
    replied
    I say strap two midgets to each headlight and give them each a flashlight.

Leave a comment:

• FIREMECH1
    replied
    For you average chief's truck/patrol car/POV that needs corner strobes, the 4/75 is the best way to go.

The 188 is unrealistic for someone who isn't running a 8 head strobe light bar. Simply not needed.
    What you consider average, isn't average around here. 4 strobes don't cut it, period. 6 can work just fine for some installs, but using an 8 head system works really well. And no, you don't need a freaking light bar to run 8 strobes.

Take a look at a 2008 Dodge Ram pickup. You can put 4 strobes in the rear. 1 in each brake light for 2, and 1 in each reverse light for another 2. That is 4 right there. Add 1 each to the headlights. Now you're at 6 strobes. 2 weeks later a Chief decides he needs intersection strobes on the front end of the front fenders. Bam, there's your 8 strobe lights. And no, they don't have to be the hide away style strobe heads to use the ISP188.

I don't know how long you've been in the fire service, but I've been installing strobes for over 8 years now, and business is good.

FM1

Leave a comment:

• GTRider245
    replied
    Oh I agree. If I were to buy strobes today it would be a 6/90 pack. You can always find a spot for the two extra heads.

And as far as LAWs go, my local dealer told me that strobes were starting to be phased out. Of course thats what they said when LED light bars first hit the scene too, but you can still go spec an Edge any way you want it right now. Time will tell.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X