Good wig-wag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good wig-wag?

Hey guys, looking at getting a wig-wag system for my headlights, does anyone have any suggestions? Also, I am looking at different Whelen bulbs for my tail lights. Anyone know of any cheap distributors?

Thanks!!

Originally posted by jonbeard View Post
    Hey guys, looking at getting a wig-wag system for my headlights, does anyone have any suggestions? Also, I am looking at different Whelen bulbs for my tail lights. Anyone know of any cheap distributors?

Thanks!!

You first should check with the State Police in the state which you live, to see IF you can have these.

Try doing a search on google for them.

Comment

Thanks!!
      elightbars.org
      Career Fire Captain
      Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnee View Post
        You first should check with the State Police in the state which you live, to see IF you can have these.

Try doing a search on google for them.
        3/4 of the department has them, so I would persume yes.

Comment

1. If 3/4ths of the Department jumped off a bridge, would you?

2. Why not ask the 3/4ths of the Department where they got theirs?
          "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Lookie here----- https://www.fleetsafety.com/Emergenc...ig-Wag-Lights/
            Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

If you can get the parts, I can send you the schematic...

OTOH, you're probably better off buying off-the-shelf.

Just make sure you buy the right system for your vehicle's electrical system.
              Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Be very careful presuming there in North Carolina. I believe (but of course I could be wrong) that alernating headlights are NOT legal for volunteers in NC.

Comment

Wackers.com has a large selection of flashing shiny lights just for POV fire vehicles...

Comment

Yeah, I am just looking at probably sticking with Whelen only, that way I don't screw around with it after putting it in. Spend a little more money, but save a headache or two. Get it done right, and the first time, you know?

Currently looking at some 90w strobe bulbs for my head/tail lights. Running $50/bulb, but I have seen them and they make you squint

Comment

Originally posted by waterboy1 View Post
                      Wackers.com has a large selection of flashing shiny lights just for POV fire vehicles...
                      Thanks I will check them out!

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                        Be very careful presuming there in North Carolina. I believe (but of course I could be wrong) that alernating headlights are NOT legal for volunteers in NC.
                        Ill double check with my officer friend. Its good to have connections Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
                          1. If 3/4ths of the Department jumped off a bridge, would you?
                          Yes. Gotta maintain PAR.. "You Go, I go!"
                          So you call this your free country
                          Tell me why it costs so much to live
                          -3dd

Comment

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascript...l?Chapter=0020
                            Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Yeah, I am just looking at probably sticking with Whelen only, that way I don't screw around with it after putting it in. Spend a little more money, but save a headache or two. Get it done right, and the first time, you know?

Currently looking at some 90w strobe bulbs for my head/tail lights. Running $50/bulb, but I have seen them and they make you squint
                              Let me guess - the Recon units, right?

Little hint - although they say those are 90 watt lights, what they will admit when backed up to the wall is it is a 90 watt SYSTEM, and those bulbs are for the system.

It is a 6 head power supply, so do the math. 90 / 6 equals 15 watts per head. Less power than most public safety units. Recon is made for show vehicles, and it is a low quality low power unit

Another hint - at 20 watts per tube, they can melt the lense on the turn signal/brake lights. Think what a 90 watt tube, if available could do.

And a 90 watt tube would do more than make you squint - it would blind the drivers coming toward you.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X