• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ffmedcbk1
    replied
    Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
    Dave Fornell's Fire Stream Management.
    i say ditto to that... unfortunately it's out of print and cost 400 dollars on amazon. find a fellow ff near you with it and borrow for a while. also you can check the local colleges that do ff studies, they are likely to have it in their library.

Leave a comment:

• engineeremtp
    replied
    Originally posted by TRUCK61 View Post
    Your best bet is to get a portable flow meter and go from there. We found out different discharges had more or less F/L or hose from different manufacturers have different F/L too. Just a thought we did this and learned a lot because we had real GPM at real pressures.
    Can't be any more true.

You'll find if you do your own flow testing with the trucks your department has and the hose you use you'll come a lot closer to what your pump pressures need to be for a given hose stretch.

Make sure you document your findings and print them, laminate them and tape them somewhere close to the pump panel so every member that is engineering any given day can quickly use it for reference.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by BenFireFan View Post
    One of the best little portable tools I have found to help with this is a little slide chart thing that Task Force Tips puts out that gets into critical application rates, information based on the National Fire Academy formula for fire flows. It also has a chart for friction losses on different hoses and nozzle pressures, and the other side is all about foam applications. The print is a little small, but there is a great deal of information on it, and it still works fine after you get it wet. I think you can just call TFT and get one free.

Akron and Elkhart both have the same things. TFT copied it from them.

Leave a comment:

• BenFireFan
    replied
    The water flow slide chart

One of the best little portable tools I have found to help with this is a little slide chart thing that Task Force Tips puts out that gets into critical application rates, information based on the National Fire Academy formula for fire flows. It also has a chart for friction losses on different hoses and nozzle pressures, and the other side is all about foam applications. The print is a little small, but there is a great deal of information on it, and it still works fine after you get it wet. I think you can just call TFT and get one free.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Check this out.

http://www.akronbrass.com/uploadedFi...wReachData.pdf

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    Dave Fornell's Fire Stream Management.

Leave a comment:

• TRUCK61
    replied
    Your best bet is to get a portable flow meter and go from there. We found out different discharges had more or less F/L or hose from different manufacturers have different F/L too. Just a thought we did this and learned a lot because we had real GPM at real pressures.

Leave a comment:

• PaladinKnight
    replied
    Read about Bernoulli Equation.

Look at these links:

http://www.fs.fed.us/eng/pubs/html/0...8/02511318.htm

http://www.delmarlearning.com/sample...6854523&cid=14

Other than that...

Google your question...

Leave a comment:

• MNaps
    started a topic nozzle psi, gpm ect

nozzle psi, gpm ect

can someone hook me up with a good article or book about nozzle psi and gpm and friction loss and all that jazz, thanx!

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X